Facebook Recommend Image

ddmmh

Hey Guys,

Since I installed v1.0 somehow FB now takes the logo.og(recommend image) from the default XF style... no biggie, so I changed the image on that, been waiting for like a week and it still hasnt updated. Is there a way to clear the FB cache or speed this up so when I recommend articles from my site it has my logo and not XF? Thanks guys

There is a new option in the ACP for the Facebook Logo.

Style Properties -> Header and Navigation: Facebook Open Graph Logo

If you update it, it should be reflected immediately on your Facebook wall.

There is a new option in the ACP for the Facebook Logo.

Style Properties -> Header and Navigation: Facebook Open Graph Logo

If you update it, it should be reflected immediately on your Facebook wall.
Hi Brogan,

I have the default style, flexile(parent) and flexile dark(child & default theme) all three point to styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png

And all 3 I have replace the logo.og.png with my one. And I did this a day after v1.0 release I believe so it should have been long enough to refresh the FB cache? Im starting to think FB just doesnt like my site lol, anything else I can try? Cheers mate

It's just a Facebook caching issue.
As you can see from my screenshot it's working fine.
In extreme cases, I have heard it can take 6 weeks or more to update...

logo.webp

It's just a Facebook caching issue.
As you can see from my screenshot it's working fine.
In extreme cases, I have heard it can take 6 weeks or more to update...

View attachment 12474
I thought this may be the case, thanks for your help Paul. Just curious, so when you recommended it, my MMAZone logo shows up? So does this mean its cached under my personal FB account? That part is confusing me

Facebook caches a lot of stuff, quite aggressively.
I'm not sure exactly how it does the caching, but I can only assume that yes, your account has the original logo cached against it.

Facebook caches a lot of stuff, quite aggressively.
I'm not sure exactly how it does the caching, but I can only assume that yes, your account has the original logo cached against it.
I spose on such a large scale it makes sense for FB. I will look into this and see what I can do, if I can find a fix ill let you know for future reference, thanks Paul.

Top Bottom