Facebook Question...

Peggy

I have asked and asked at FB, in their help section, all over, and no one "in the know" ever bothers to answer. I've seen other people ask the same question, over and over in their help section. No answer. Ever. Perhaps the answer is no, there isn't a way to do this, but dang it, just answer the question!

Oh right, the question... sorry....

My newsfeed is filled with stuff like Daniel Huffalump is now friends with Randy Bullcrapper and 9 other people.
LOADS of it.

Is there NOT a way to hide this? If there isn't, there needs to be. It's beyond aggravating, especially when you have alot of friends.

Anyone a facebook-a-holic and have an answer?

Hiding it would run afoul to the whole "OMG look at me!" principle behind Facebook. You can probably disable sending your own updates out in your privacy settings, if FB has them, no idea since I don't have an account, but I doubt that you can disable to feed from other people since it really does defeat the intended FB purpose.

BAH! Then they need to change it. It is incredibly annoying.

I do not need, nor want, to know who is friending who! That is not what the FB newsfeed is for.
At least, it didn't used to be.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Well that's how it works but well i see some advantage if those people are from your city you can add them since i see your updates about MTV some people might be interested about such community sites :)

Usually, I go past the so-called "Top News" screen and read through "Status Updates" instead, which only shows (obviously) status updates. You might consider doing that instead, unless you're interested in the photos, videos, etc. as well (then you're stuck with Top News, Most Recent, or viewing each type of media individually in its own section).

Top Bottom