XF 1.2 Facebook login doesn't work after import

Moshe1010

People that were logging in to my vBulletin forum through Facebook, get an error when they try to login with XF Facebook connect. I've tried to create a new developer app through Facebook with new ID and that didn't work either. New members can register and connect without a problem.
The error is "Facebook returned an unknown error. Please try again later"

Thanks.

Try the "Test Facebook Integration" option in the control panel.

There are a few potential cases where that could happen, but a lot of them are actually unknown (the data returned isn't expected). Looks like the other case is if FB doesn't return an email which we explicitly request so FB should be prompting the user of that change if it wasn't requested before. Creating a new application shouldn't have this problem though.

I can only guess it's the email thing then. Though we request the permission, if FB doesn't honor that and give us an email (even one of their proxy emails), then it won't fit XF's approach. (We use FB to handle email confirmations.)

If you say that it doesn't happen to new users, then it's not something I'd be able to properly debug.

I know you said you had a problem, but the only option I could see is creating a new FB application. (This may interfere with existing users that have successfully connected though, as they may not have a password with XF so to reconnect they would need to do a lost password request. Not ideal, though this may happen with the old users as well.)

I can only guess it's the email thing then. Though we request the permission, if FB doesn't honor that and give us an email (even one of their proxy emails), then it won't fit XF's approach. (We use FB to handle email confirmations.)

If you say that it doesn't happen to new users, then it's not something I'd be able to properly debug.

I know you said you had a problem, but the only option I could see is creating a new FB application. (This may interfere with existing users that have successfully connected though, as they may not have a password with XF so to reconnect they would need to do a lost password request. Not ideal, though this may happen with the old users as well.)
Looking the the tables in my database, it looks like it hasn't imported xf_user_external_auth. In XF I have 7 users at this table, in my vB DB table there are 893 users. Any idea?

Top Bottom