MG 1.1 Facebook likes

Steff

It seems that facebook likes don't like anylonger.
If I bring up an image and click on like it used to post to my Facebook wall (allbeit as a privet post), yet now it does nothing at all. Is this issue limited to me or is this known?

I just tried this and although I didn't see it on my Facebook timeline, I can see it if I click on "View Activity Log". This would likely be a change on Facebook's end.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I see it in the activities log and it is also set as only me to view, but as you say nothing on the wall. You gotta love Facebook.
Twitter works well ;)

Ok this is indeed a Facebook issue. Just done some digging and it seems that permissioins were changed a few weeks ago.
As this is a very useful advertising tool and bridge for community building I wanted this working again ASAP.

So here's the answer. In Facebook go to your profile (click on your name top breadcrumb center) and then click the downward facing arrow at the end of the breadcrumb menu bar.
Scroll down to settings and click that.
Now on the far left click Privacy
Now from the Privacy setting and tools choose the second down, "Use Activity Log"
Once that is open click on the cog symbol between Notifications and the spy glass.
Now a Timeline review box will open... choose Enabled from the drop down box and choose close.
That's it. All likes will now show on your timeline as before.

I think the logic behind the security change fromm Facebook was the fact that the likes are being posted by the app and therefore third party. I believe facebook are finally trying not to be sued lol :eek::confused::whistle:

Top Bottom