Not planned Facebook "Like" button above the thread

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Right now it's just an iframe. When they use the facebook js lib then im sure they will put it in a nice spot that can be extended ie twitter, digg etc.

Are you going to click the button while you're at the top of the page before reading the thread? Not likely. :) Once you've read it, you're at the bottom of the page, and there's your Facebook button, ready to press, without having to scroll to the top of the page. :cool:

Nice logic, i think it shoul be right where it is but created into a nice box or something even nicer that kier and mike can think of.

Are you going to click the button while you're at the top of the page before reading the thread? Not likely. :) Once you've read it, you're at the bottom of the page, and there's your Facebook button, ready to press, without having to scroll to the top of the page. :cool:

Good point, then I think it's better to have right under the first post (which is the actual thread) and above other posts.
It's current position is not the best place to be but in.

That would be another logical places, yes, because that puts the focus on liking the topic that the OP started, not necessarily the replies, which you won't always like or agree with.

My logic is.

Read the thread first, then if you like it: like it.

So logical position isn't at the top.

It however needs to be somewhere OTHER then the end of the page; before quick reply would likely be the best spot, and it might also solve people confusing the avatar to the left of quick reply as a new post (Some people have complained).

Top Bottom