1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned Facebook "Like" button above the thread

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Ahmed, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I think it's better to have the Facebook 'Like' button above the thread not under.
  2. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

I am hoping that that will be configurable / moveable.
  3. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Yes, the current place is not the best place to put there. there can be better places.
  4. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

fine for me, I don't intend to ever press it; so it's nice and out of the way for me :D
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm hoping it can be deleted.
  6. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I mentioned the position in another thread, but it was looked over I think.
  7. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

LOL why? instead i hope which they also add a 'tweet this' button ... :p
  8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Right now it's just an iframe. When they use the facebook js lib then im sure they will put it in a nice spot that can be extended ie twitter, digg etc.
  9. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

Are you going to click the button while you're at the top of the page before reading the thread? Not likely. :) Once you've read it, you're at the bottom of the page, and there's your Facebook button, ready to press, without having to scroll to the top of the page. :cool:
    Nick, Onimua, Peggy and 1 other person like this.
  10. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Nice logic, i think it shoul be right where it is but created into a nice box or something even nicer that kier and mike can think of.
  11. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Good point, then I think it's better to have right under the first post (which is the actual thread) and above other posts.
    It's current position is not the best place to be but in.
  12. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

That would be another logical places, yes, because that puts the focus on liking the topic that the OP started, not necessarily the replies, which you won't always like or agree with.
  13. Floris

Floris Guest

My logic is.

Read the thread first, then if you like it: like it.

So logical position isn't at the top.
  14. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

same for me
  15. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

It however needs to be somewhere OTHER then the end of the page; before quick reply would likely be the best spot, and it might also solve people confusing the avatar to the left of quick reply as a new post (Some people have complained).
  16. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Yes, there are better places for the like button, it's current position is not the best place.
  17. Hasann

Hasann Member

I would like to see both view of them!!!
    above and under two times..