1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Like Box Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Robert F Schmitz, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

What do I do with the code that I got from my Facebook page that will add a Likebox to my xF site?

Guess I am inquiring about the coding needed on the xF software, template edit, etc.

Thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Create a new template, add the Facebook code to it and then include that template wherever you want using:
    <xen:include template="name_of_template" />

LogOn and Robert F Schmitz like this.
  3. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

LogOn and Robert F Schmitz like this.
  4. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I added the Facebook Like-Box to my XF-forum again and the FB-code shows this in the beginning of their XFBML code:

Code:
    <div id="fb-root"></div>
    I am wondering whether the above code is required, as this is showing the horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the screen when loading my XF-Forum.

5. Robert F Schmitz

When I add the facebook_likebox template, I get a blank space and when I inspect the element there is an error message "Refused to display document because display forbidden by X-Frame-Options." and "Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL". I am using the iframes code supplied by facebook. Any suggestions?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a Facebook bug.

Rob Fritz likes this.
  7. Robert F Schmitz

Thank you for the quick reply. I thought that I was doing things correctly.
    Temporary or something that will prevent me from utilizing that?