1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Integration

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Lionel, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Lionel

Lionel Member

Hi,

I am finally getting around learning xenForo. I tried the facebook implementation, ran the test successfully in tools, but on the front-end, when I try to login using Facebook, it asked me to accept, blabla, then I got an error

A controller for the route path /register/facebook was not found.

What am I doing wrong? Brand new install.
    Thanks.

2. Lionel

Lionel Member

OK, answering my own question in case someone else has that issue... I had put a slash '/' in xenforo site name option and that was displaying double slashes.

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Quicker than our own automated Brogan Bot, glad you got it sorted out, and thanks for the answers for others

4. Itworx4me

Itworx4me Well-Known Member

Glad to see you finally made it over here Lionel :)

5. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Lionel! Long time no talk.

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Really ? Seems like the same problems with settings occur in every software. Can't there be some checker that prevents this problem ? Surely there is an easy solution.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's explicitly mentioned in the manual: http://xenforo.com/help/facebook/
    Similarly in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, it states the same for the Board URL.

Nasr likes this.
  8. Lionel

Lionel Member

Hi Kevin and Itworx4me. I finally have some time to look at xenForo in depth, and I must say this is really serious stuff.

Yes Brogan, you are right. But you know, no one really reads those things. I had put a slash in the primary URL of the board. But I easily spotted that by looking at address bar

9. ineedhelp

ineedhelp Well-Known Member

Hi...

I've created a new Facebook account which i want to replace the current Facebook integrated account with on my site.

But there is no option to edit or change the current Application ID or Secret in the Xenforo control panel.

Please advise...

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is.

Options -> Facebook Integration

11. ineedhelp

ineedhelp Well-Known Member

Lol.. Thanks!