Facebook Integration REMOVAL

You can create a Facebook account specifically for this purpose, but there's really no need. Your application is simply created and managed by your account, there's no other association really.

Im not on facebook... How much info is required to setup an account to get a key?

I'm not convinced Facebook integration is in the best interests of forum owners ... in the long term it can be suicidal in my humble opinion.

haha Yes, we all know facebook killed hundreds of forums :D
it's like that big walmart that moved in to the neighborhood uninvited :D small shops closed down one by one ....

As my father use to tell me: if you can't beat'em join'em :D The idea here is to embrace facebook rather than shut them off your forum, make your forum more like the specialty shop right next to walmart. you will get the foot-traffic guaranteed ;)

It's perfectly understandable to me that, in order to use Facebook functionality on your site, you must have a valid Facebook account. No different than needing a Google account to use their Mail, Calendar, Office Docs, upload to or comment on Youtube, etc. That said, I do not have a Facebook account.

I'm not sure how login integration with any authentication source (Facebook, Twitter, OpenID etc.) would help drive traffic - the purpose of that is to ease the registration and login process.

However, integration of 'sharing' facilities to Facebook (such as the Like button) and Twitter (such as 'Tweet this') are great traffic drivers, and more will be integrated as time permits.
We would do that ourselves ;) Just give us API part to do that easily. Facebook seems to be deeply integrated into the system and it's difficult to use it as an example of external authorization integration.

Top Bottom