1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook group to Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Brett_Campbell, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Hi Team
    I have a large transition to make.
    I am in the health and fitness industry and currently have 15k members in a Facebook group that i will be trying got convert to this software. It will be a private paid membership only.

My only concern is that Facebook has some really great functions, i.e.: notifications on a post, bumping of posts eg... and concerned that my target market 19-40year female will not want to part with it :)

Can anyone share with me info on how xenForo works in this fashion? Video demos or something.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

@Brett_Campbell (tagged to demonstrate notifications), there are no direct transitions from Facebook -> XenForo that can maintain users and posts from Facebook. If there is any sort of transition method, I imagine it to be slightly difficult based on the fact that you have no membership from the previous site.

There is no method of bumping posts in XenForo, and that would require an add-on or custom development.
  3. Thanks @Jeremy appreciate your quick response.

I just purchased the software. Ready to roll.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Amaury likes this.
  5. Can you recommend anyone @Jeremy that i could hire to achieve my custom wishes? There is so much here that it'd take me a year to research. Id rather get an expert on the job :)
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Brett_Campbell likes this.
  7. Dean Rie

Dean Rie New Member