Facebook ForumLogin App

webbouk

Today I received the following email from Facebook support:

Hi,

Your app ForumLogin (AppId: 2276763981######) doesn't fully comply with our Platform Policies. Since we're striving to improve the Platform experience, your app has been deactivated.

Your app is violating Platform Terms 7.a-d: To view this policy in entirety, visit the "Compliance Review Rights and Suspension and Termination of these Terms" section of our Platform Policies at https://developers.facebook.com/terms. This policy includes information on app review, regular monitoring, auditing rights, and certifications.

To bring your app into compliance, provide the following in your appeal:

1. Detailed instructions describing how we can access your platform to test and review. Once we are able to access your platform, the experience we test in your app should accurately reflect the experience a user has in your app.

2. Valid credentials for us to login to your app and test/review its functionality and its use of any Facebook API integration. These credentials should be valid indefinitely to allow for future review of your app.

You can access the full list of our Platform Policies here: https://developers.facebook.com/policy/.

Once you’ve updated your app, please go to https://developers.facebook.com/appeal to appeal. A member of our team will get back to you within 48 hours.

Can anyone offer advice as to what I need to do to 'bring the app into compliance' , and answer their questions 1 & 2

Thanks,

Based on the section they referenced, they may have previously contacted you to when they tried to check your app and presumably haven't heard back. We actually had them contact us somewhat recently about the Facebook app used here. Ultimately, the issues they seemed to have related to the URL as we had the root domain listed rather than the community. (Thus, they weren't able to see where Facebook was being used.) When we replied with the details, that resolved it (though we also updated the URL listed to more directly point to where usage can be seen).

You may just need to explain exactly how they can see the Facebook app usage (click the login button and register/login using Facebook, etc). I don't know if you really do need to give them valid credentials given that the usage is around registration/login only, but you could create a user in the control panel specifically for this use case.

Result....

We have received your request for appeal for your app ForumLogin (AppId: 2276763981######). Your app has been restored due to the sufficient information you provided for us to be able to review your app. We will continue to review your app so you may see further messages from us if other violations on your platform are found, so please keep an eye out.

Thank you for your continued cooperation to keep our platform safe

Today I received the following email from Facebook support
I received similar today;

Platforms affected: Connect URL.

1. Detailed instructions describing how we can access your platform to test and review. Once we are able to access your platform, the experience we test in your app should accurately reflect the experience a user has in your app.

2. Valid credentials for us to login to your app and test/review its functionality and its use of any Facebook API integration. These credentials should be valid indefinitely to allow for future review of your app.

Please reply to this email with the requested information/change request before 2021-09-08 12:00 PST. To ensure that we receive your response, respond directly to this email and check that our email address is in the "to" field. Note that new email addresses added using "cc" or "bcc" won't be able to respond to this email or view any future email responses from us regarding this request. If we do not receive a response from you, your app will be subject to enforcement.

I wonder if this requirement to provide user credentials to FB for their testing against Facebook Login OAuth applications will become necessary?

Top Bottom