XF 1.1 Facebook Error

PetSue

I have tried & tried to work out the facebook Integration, but every time I run the test I get this error

- Facebook returned the following error: (#5) Unauthorized source IP address.

I have logged in with 2 different admin account both on forum & FB yet still get same error. Both of those accounts are admins in the App.

Does anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong please?

Thank you.

I did a lookup on the domain and found that the domain is associated with softlayer.com. It's highly possible that the CIDR is blacklisted as softlayer is commonly used by script kiddies and spammers. I've permanently blocked every CIDR I've found so far in iptables. Facebook may be doing so as well.

Ok I'm not sure what that means exactly as have no idea who or what soft layer.com is sorry. Is there any way I can fix it or get around it?

I did a lookup on the domain and found that the domain is associated with softlayer.com. It's highly possible that the CIDR is blacklisted as softlayer is commonly used by script kiddies and spammers. I've permanently blocked every CIDR I've found so far in iptables. Facebook may be doing so as well.

Thanks Biker even though I have no idea who or what softlayer.com is as our host is Site5 and sorry don't know what CIDR is :(

Thank you Tracy but beyond me and still can't work out why our server and/or IP is banned and on soft layer :(
Your IP is listed in two blacklists
blacklist_check.php
dnsbl.tornevall.org
blacklist_check.php
opm.tornevall.org

I would contact them and see about having it removed.
You can do an IP address lookup (using your site IP) at http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/50.22.11.11 and then contact the appropriate blacklisting site and see about getting it removed. *Note, the IP in the above hyperlink is the one that your domain responds to on a PING.

Your IP is listed in
blacklist_check.php
dnsbl.tornevall.org
blacklist_check.php
opm.tornevall.org

I would contact them and see about having it removed.
You can do an IP address lookup (using your site IP) at http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/50.22.11.11 and then contact the appropriate blacklisting site and see about getting it removed. *Note, the IP in the above hyperlink is the one that your domain responds to on a PING.

Wow amazing you guys thank you.

So you say to contact them about having it removed - who am I contacting - our host or tornevail?

Thanks Tracy but tried that and only shows my IP at home here which is fine and not our sites and no option to select.
Is this a managed hosting solution or a VPS? If VPS, you should be able to ssh into the box, use Lynx to go to the site and then (since it appears it is not much graphics) submit the request that way. Another option is to complain directly to your hosting company and see if they can get it removed.

Just an update and hoping you guys can help me out here please. I have contacted our host and this is their reply -

I'm not entirely sure I understand how your Facebook integration is being affected by a blacklisting withtornevall.org. Generally blacklists only affect mail functionality when the source of the message originates from our hosting service. This does not appear to be the case at this time.

We do implement a server side firewall which can interfere with Facebook and Twitter integrations so an exception would need to be added for the Facebook API. If you can provide more information on the Facebook integration and what IP addresses (and ports) it is attempting to communicate with, we will be able to whitelist this type of activity from this point forward.

Please let us know if you or your XenForo developers can comment on this matter.

Can you help me out please?

It's not actually a server-to-FB request as far as I can tell. It's simply that FB has blacklisted the IP your domain resolves to. The tornevall.org blacklist is possibly the issue, but if it's not it's probably an indication that you're on a bad IP. Changing to a different server would probably help that.

Thank you mike, I've passed that onto our server so gingers crossed they can sort it out.
If it comes down to it, just ask them to assign you another IP, but before the pick one check it against the black lists to make sure it's not listed on one. Would involve a little extra work for them, but that's what you pay 'em for. :p

Thanks Tracy have asked for that request. They have also asked this question of me, which I now aks of you -

"Could you provide us a direct URL to tornevall.org that confirms that the IP 50.22.11.11/spooner is blocked on that?"

Another reply - "I am very sorry, but as my colleague said, a facebook integration shouldn't be conditioned by any blacklist. Although, at this point the server doesn't seems to be listed on any known and used blacklist. Can you please provide us with more details about tornevall.org?"

Thanks Tracy have asked for that request. They have also asked this question of me, which I now aks of you -

"Could you provide us a direct URL to tornevall.org that confirms that the IP 50.22.11.11/spooner is blocked on that?"

Another reply - "I am very sorry, but as my colleague said, a facebook integration shouldn't be conditioned by any blacklist. Although, at this point the server doesn't seems to be listed on any known and used blacklist. Can you please provide us with more details about tornevall.org?"
http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/50.22.11.11
That is the site (whatismyipaddress.com) and it is a direct link to the IP of your site. They should be able to see the button to press to check against a blacklist. The "integration" may not be... the connection from that site MAY be. A lot of places will not allow connections from a hosting IP that is listed in that list as it is highly possible that the host is compromised.

Top Bottom