Facebook copied xenforo's photo slideshow and went live today.

TNCclubman

BWAHAHAHAHA! My members are loving it! They're giving us props as innovators and Facebook is trying to keep up!

Bows down to Mike and Kier...

lightbox with advance arrow to the next image is new to everyone up here. Find it a huge coincidence after 6 years this is the 1st big change to the photo gallery on facebook.

lightbox with advance arrow to the next image is new to everyone up here. Find it a huge coincidence after 6 years this is the 1st big change to the photo gallery on facebook.
Yeah, it's been around for a few months now. I finally just got it (along with the new Facebook profiles) a few weeks ago although my friends have had it since last year.

I actually like their way of doing it. You can scroll through that pop-up, post and read comments, and when you're done, the page you are on wasn't affected by your scrolling.

Facebook has had this for ages. And what makes you think that XenForo had this kind of thing first. Nothing XenForo has done hasn't been done before in some way. Well some backend stuff seems unique, but for the end user it is taking a LOT of stuff from facebook, not the other way around. You greatly underestimate facebook.

Well, in all fairness, I think tweakers.net lightbox is 90% of xenforo's, and they had it for years. So ..

It's just how you look at it. I am sure lightbox technology has been around for a while, and the common-sense implementation of it makes xenforo look like tweakers.net, and facebook's like xenforo, and they all look like the one I made in 2006 for my mac pro gallery, which I based on something yahoo demod a year earlier. etc.

As long as facebook doesn't 100% copy, including source code, ..

Top Bottom