1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook copied xenforo's photo slideshow and went live today.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by TNCclubman, Feb 2, 2011.

1. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAHA! My members are loving it! They're giving us props as innovators and Facebook is trying to keep up!

Bows down to Mike and Kier...
  2. TNCclubman

Now I REALLY cant wait to see what you guys come up with for member photo galleries and your event calendar system in the years to come!
  3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

what are you taking about?
  4. TNCclubman

click on any photo on the facebook feed.
  5. tmb

tmb Active Member

nothing different here. crazy canadian facebook
  6. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

im not seeing it.
    besides, xf isnt the first software to use a lightbox.

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

some users have gotten lightboxes. My friends have it, but I don't. But then again, I have the new facebook messaging :p
  8. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

my housemate's had the fb lightbox for at least a couple of months. I don't have it yet though.
  9. TNCclubman

lightbox with advance arrow to the next image is new to everyone up here. Find it a huge coincidence after 6 years this is the 1st big change to the photo gallery on facebook.
  10. TNCclubman

well then maybe it is a coincidence. lol carry on...
  11. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been around for a few months now. I finally just got it (along with the new Facebook profiles) a few weeks ago although my friends have had it since last year.

I actually like their way of doing it. You can scroll through that pop-up, post and read comments, and when you're done, the page you are on wasn't affected by your scrolling.
  12. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Facebook has had this for ages. And what makes you think that XenForo had this kind of thing first. Nothing XenForo has done hasn't been done before in some way. Well some backend stuff seems unique, but for the end user it is taking a LOT of stuff from facebook, not the other way around. You greatly underestimate facebook.
  13. Floris

Floris Guest

Well, in all fairness, I think tweakers.net lightbox is 90% of xenforo's, and they had it for years. So ..

It's just how you look at it. I am sure lightbox technology has been around for a while, and the common-sense implementation of it makes xenforo look like tweakers.net, and facebook's like xenforo, and they all look like the one I made in 2006 for my mac pro gallery, which I based on something yahoo demod a year earlier. etc.

As long as facebook doesn't 100% copy, including source code, ..
  14. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Lightboxes have been around a lot longer than XenForo.
    Vincent likes this.
  15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Here's an idea .... Why dont you file an unfounded lawsuit against them for copying xenforo LOL :p