XF 2.2 Facebook connected account login crashing

bzcomputers

Facebook has reported that the XenForo connected login is crashing or hanging and has restricted the app. If currently restricted, once fixed, admins will need to appeal their restriction.

Email from Facebook:
Hi,

In working to create a great Platform experience for everyone, we ask developers to ensure the apps they build comply with our policies. Your app XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX doesn't comply with the following Platform Terms or Developer Policies:

Platform Policy 6.1: Verify that you have integrated Login correctly. Your app shouldn't crash or hang during the testing process.

During Login, your app is crashing or hanging excessively, creating a broken experience for people trying to use your app. To make sure this flow runs smoothly, check that you've integrated Facebook Login correctly. We recommend that you test Login on all integrations. If you have not already done so, please:

• Here's our quickstart guide for implementing Facebook Login for Android: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/android

• We encourage you to test your Login integration following these steps here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/testing-your-login-flow/

• Best Practices for Login can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/best-practices

Since we're striving to improve the Platform experience, your app's ability to do the following has been restricted.

Access to Facebook Login

Restriction on Facebook Login means that you will need to remove the button from all user-facing interfaces to avoid negative user experiences. If you believe your product can be fixed and want to integrate Facebook Login going forward, please add the button after your appeal has been approved.

For more information, visit:

- Developer Policies: https://developers.facebook.com/devpolicy

- Platform Terms: https://developers.facebook.com/terms

If you would like to revert this restriction, you should update your app so that it follows the above policy. Once your updates are complete, please submit an appeal here for review: https://developers.facebook.com/appeal/. A member of our team will respond within 48 hours.

Thanks,
Facebook Developer Operations Policy Team

Solution
Found out the issue was that I had not filled out the "Data Protection Officer Contact Information". This must be a semi-recent addition to the Facebook required information for maintaining an app. The only information they require is an email address and physical street address for this position. Once that information was filled out and saved, I then submitted my appeal to get the Facebook app reinstated, about 8 hours later it was.

Facebook wasn't very clear in explaining that this is what caused the initial issue. All I received was the app was hanging/crashing. The reason it was hanging/crashing was because Facebook refused connections through the app because of the missing information mentioned above. Since I had not disabled the...
At this moment in time I'm not seeing a general issue with this - ours works fine - nor have we had any other reports that I can recall.

If I try yours on your site I see:

1629986860163.webp

This implies a configuration issue rather than a bug.

@Chris D thanks for looking at it so quickly.

I haven't made any changes recently, although I can't say I've tested it since I originally set it up and it was working either.

What API Version settings are you using for Xenforo.com?

Capture.webp

Found out the issue was that I had not filled out the "Data Protection Officer Contact Information". This must be a semi-recent addition to the Facebook required information for maintaining an app. The only information they require is an email address and physical street address for this position. Once that information was filled out and saved, I then submitted my appeal to get the Facebook app reinstated, about 8 hours later it was.

Facebook wasn't very clear in explaining that this is what caused the initial issue. All I received was the app was hanging/crashing. The reason it was hanging/crashing was because Facebook refused connections through the app because of the missing information mentioned above. Since I had not disabled the app (after Facebook began refusing connections) the only indication I had that there was an issue was when Facebook finally sent an email to me when they suspended the app because it was "hanging/crashing". For anyone running a Facebook Connection, make sure this information is filled about before you too have issues.

Capture2.webp

Solution
I have this same problem, but am located in the US.

They disabled my ability do it, because login wasn't working correctly and it had been for years. Odd...

Hello, i have this problem too... I have contact Facebook for this problem and:

Thank you for your response and for sending forth the test credentials.

Your app is currently in violation of Facebook Developer Policy 6.1:

"Verify that you have integrated Login correctly. Your app shouldn't crash or hang during the testing process."

What need to do to fix that ?

Thank you

Have you done the appeal process also? It won't start working till your appeal is approved (you'll receive an email once approved). Mine only took about 8 hours to be approved after I submitted the appeal.

Hello i found the problem... and this is my Message appel:

The problems on my app is that: I cant switch public_profile to Advanced Access to Get Advanced Access on my app. I don’t now if that is a bugs from facebook or is again my mistake. But when I ask I cant get access.

At this point I have create new app when I have asking for advanced Access for public_profile and all is going good. I have test it with test user too.

Im searching to fix old because i dont now if the user who have connected with old app ca be login again in some nickname on my webpage... because new app get new rulers...

Last edited:
Top Bottom