XF 2.0 Facebook app review

dieg0

Hi,

Just got an email from FB stating that I need to explain why I need access to this info via their API:
  • user_link
  • user_gender
  • user_age_range
  • user_friends
They even want videos explaining why I need each of these pieces of info for.

Is anyone else getting these? What have you done about it?

Hi,

Just got an email from FB stating that I need to explain why I need access to this info via their API:
  • user_link
  • user_gender
  • user_age_range
  • user_friends
They even want videos explaining why I need each of these pieces of info for.

Is anyone else getting these? What have you done about it?

Facebook Integration has stopped working because of the issue.

Not this issue, no. The changes don't come into affect until August 2018 and XF doesn't even use the permissions that will be blocked.

But facebook Integration has stopped working at our Forum.

Not this issue, no. The changes don't come into affect until August 2018 and XF doesn't even use the permissions that will be blocked.

Here is the Error :

Can't load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and sub-domains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.

I've double checked the settings. Everything is fine. It seems that facebook integration has stopped working on http websites. Facebook has made https a must.

so yeah. its August and I think its happened. Getting complaints that FB users can't log in. So.... what's next. Looking on my own but if there's a magic bullet I'm not seeing I'm all ears.

EDIT:
Been jacking with my FB app settings to no avail:
In the admin "test provider" it redirects me to facebook, then I give my password again and I get "connected_accounts.php" try and SAVE instead of getting processed by PHP. The contents of which are simply "An error occurred while connecting with Facebook. Please try again later." and I have no idea where to even start looking to debug this. many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom