F1 Fan Forums

euantor

F1 Fan Forums is a brand new site aimed at all fans of Formula 1. I'm slightly late releasing it (was aiming for the start of the 2013 season, but just missed it).

This is my first ever XenForo powered forum and I've spent the last few hours customizing the default theme to create something slightly unique (though it still needs a bit of work done).

I'd be extremely grateful for any feedback anybody can provide and, if you're a fan of Formula 1 at all, a few signups ;)

http://www.f1fanforums.com/

Another F1 fan, great :)

I've been running my site for around 5 years now.

Ideally you need to change the default node icons for something more suitable.

Ah yes, I'll have to work out how to do that :) Getting to grips with the style system (coming from MyBB where it's plain old CSS and HTML) has certainly been an experience so far.

Thanks Crayo :) The rest still needs quite a lot of work which I can finally get on with having sorted the above issue.

Hi there, here are couple suggestions:

1. I'd suggest making the header little bigger, also expand the design on the right side as well.
  2. The boards are too bright. This will turn off a lot of users. Bright red + white is not always a good combo for boards. I'd suggest going with a grey and darker red would help 1000x.
  3. I would suggest creating a forum section for each of the cars, Ferrari, McLaren and so on......
  4. I'd suggest adding a front page to the forums, something like XenPorta might help, where you could post all the latest news.
Those are the only things I could think of for now, good luck with everything!

Top Bottom