*eye-roll*

AlBunch

Bought that other software about a month ago. The "support" they officially provide looks more like a redirect service.

My question:
Do you have a db migration script to get me off that platform and onto this one?

From the FAQ: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

Q: Which importers are currently available?
A: At the time of writing (7 December 2010) there are the following importers available:
  • There is a vBulletin 3.7/8 importer built in to the software, available in the ACP.
  • A vBulletin 4.0/4.1 importer is available as an add-on here.
  • An SMF 2 importer is currently being developed, available here.
Many people have converted their old forums (vB, phpBB, etc.) to XenForo.

Found that shortly after my post, probably should have come back and answered my own question. I did want I can't stand, ask questions and then go research, could have prevented the question in the first place.

Thanks though, I'll try to be more self-sufficient from now on. :)

Purchased...now I need to come up with another forum subject - may take a day or two.
Welcome to XenForo!
welcome.gif

Don't forget to add your forum account to your customer account so you have full access to the customer forums.
Hopefully I did it correctly.

Question - can I just give ya'll a domain name for the license so I can load the software and start testing and change that domain name when I'm ready to start doing real work?

Hopefully I did it correctly.

Question - can I just give ya'll a domain name for the license so I can load the software and start testing and change that domain name when I'm ready to start doing real work?
absolutely. mine is set to localhost right now but once i finish doing the *real* work it will be changed.

Absolutely.

You can just set it as localhost if you like and update it at any time.

P.S. That's the 3rd question in the FAQ ;)

Q: Do I need to enter the domain URL of where I intend to install the forum when I download the software?
A: You can enter the domain URL, or alternatively you can use localhost/127.0.0.1.

Top Bottom