Not a bug extra_copyright_footer vs. extra_copyright

Gator

Affected version
Here is a strange one I can't figure out. When I edit the phrase "extra_copyright" it displays on the default XenForo style, but not on the custom styles. But when I edit the phrase "extra_copyright_footer" it shows up on the custom styles, but does not show up on the XenForo default style. Could someone test that to make sure I am not going crazy? o_O

We don't have a phrase named extra_copyright_footer so that may be an issue in the custom style/s.

That’s a different phrase to the one you mentioned but either way, that phrase doesn’t belong in the footer. I think you’ve used the wrong phrase in the footer template of your custom style.

Well, sorry I accidentally inverted the phrase (sorry about that), but I can tell you that when I use the phrase "extra_copyright" it will not display on the custom style footers, but when I use "extra_footer_copyright" it will display on the custom styles. I am the author of the custom styles I use, so I don't know how the phrase got there. Anyway, no big deal ...at least I was able to get the extra copyright to display on my custom themes using "extra_footer_copyright."

both_phrases.webp

It displays on the custom style footers because your custom style footer uses the phrase extra_footer_copyright instead of extra_copyright. Look in the template.

So here's an almost-two-year-old thread that answered the entrance codes into Ft. Knox!
How was I supposed to know that there were TWO PHRASES for copyrights in the footer!
extra_footer_copyright AND extra_copyright
It seems like every process in CSS has to be a fight for hidden information.
Don't mind me, it's just that it takes a day to do what should be done in a few minutes.

Top Bottom