XF 2.2 extra.less not working with default style

Tim Jay

Hi guys, I am working on a fresh xenforo installation (v2.2.3 Patch 1) that is not live yet.

For some reason I am having trouble with extra.less -

I am using the default xenforo style (I have only customized colors) and have no addons.

---

This is what a stickied thread looks like on default style.

1.webp

---

Here is my extra.less

2.webp

As you can see this is the only style and this is all I have in extra.less

---

If I add the same code in any browser inspect element, it shows up correctly.

4.webp

3.webp

Did something change? I don't think I have ever experienced this problem before and I have used xenforo for years.

I appreciate any tips. I went through some old threads about extra.less but couldn't find any solutions.

I am not generating any server logs either.

If you lose the semicolon intentionally (save it without semicolon), do you get a server error then? (To find out if extra.less works or not).

No issues here: https://db76df28bf7ba8d3.demo-xenforo.com/223/index.php?forums/main-forum.2/

Makefile:
.structItemContainer-group--sticky
{
    background-color: orange;
}

Working for me too, tested on XF 2.1/2.2
If you lose the semicolon intentionally (save it without semicolon), do you get a server error then? (To find out if extra.less works or not).

I appreciate the replies. I've been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now.

It's feeling now like it may be server related or something has been corrupted.

Your version of PHP is outdated. We recommend PHP 7.2 or higher.

My other site that is live is running on the exact same server on v2.1 and has never had problems loading extra.less for 5+ years.

I tried rebuilding master data.

All the older threads I found asking about why extra.less changes weren't showing up were usually solved by disabling addons and / or styles.

The problem here is it's the default style (I tried a random custom style as well) and I have no addons active or installed.

Screenshot_46.png
This is showing up blank even though extra.less is populated, so something is not going through.

Try rebuilding the master data via /install.

If that doesn't work then you would probably need to submit a ticket with ACP and FTP/cPanel access so we can investigate.

Do you use any sort of CDN like Cloudflare that uses caching?

I am using Cloudflare, but caching should be off right now. I don't have ssl yet for this domain so the CF https:// settings are all off.

Screenshot_55.webp
I have tried to purge cache a few times and it doesn't seem to change anything.

Try rebuilding the master data via /install.

If that doesn't work then you would probably need to submit a ticket with ACP and FTP/cPanel access so we can investigate.

I will try the master data rebuild again.

Ok I added some lines to extra.less right before running the master data rebuild.

The changes went through this time and are showing up on the site; however, any future edits to extra.less do not go through.

I guess a bandaid to this problem would be to get all the css I need beforehand, add to extra.less and run a rebuild.
Inefficient, but I don't know what else to try.

Top Bottom