1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Extra Fields in Registration?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Robust, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

If you go to sign up there there are multiple duplicate fields there, for convenience:

Not sure why there are so many fields that need to be left blank, honestly very inconvenient. If it's not XF core, why is it?

The common thing with all these 'leave empty' fields is they all use the div class limited, while the real fields do not.

2. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

Those extra fields are part of the native XF honeypot core as an anti-SPAM measure to throw off automated bots BUT are supposed to be hidden for normal visitors..

So this would indicate an outdated style or add-on issue.

Are you able to test using the default style? If it's still an issue try disabling your addons one by one.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Most likely you have some outdated templates. Also, your style may not be compatible with the version you are running (that does happen due to template changes).
  4. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Bit late for a response, been busy with Christmas. I looked into it. Not a style issue I think. Not an add-on issue. The templates for register_form are the same in both the default style and the custom style.
  5. Tracy Perry

Did you do as suggested and disable the add-ons.
  6. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

@Tracy Perry Yeah. And I added this to the end of config.php

$config['enableListeners'] = 0;
    Didn't fix that.
  7. Tracy Perry

And you are sure that you don't have any templates that are outdated (they will say merge needed from main ACP screen.

Also, is this a custom style or one you downloaded or modified?
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015