EXTRA.css edits not taking

TPerry

I'm finding that some modifications that worked under 1.1.5 are not doing the same in 1.2 BETA 3. An example is
Code:
/* REMOVE BREADBOX (forum menu) FROM BOTTOM */
.breadBoxBottom {
display: none;
}
which is not removing the bottom breadbox. Also,
Code:
#logo img {
margin: 70px !important;
}
is not moving the logo image at all. Is this normal (and something has changed?). It works fine when I do it in Chrome Developer, only when I place it into EXTRA.css that it no longer works.

Double check your EXTRA for any missing ; } { which might be the cause since I fell for this earlier.

Yep, because edits before that (for online users) work fine and after that (for my locally served fonts) work fine. I'll pull it over to TextWrangler and see if anything gets highlighted in there. I can change it in style properties and it takes fine for some stuff, just not in EXTRA.css. I'm using the XenFoogle style (which was updated to 1.2 BETA 2 - so it should work).

Another thing to check , if you are adding these changes to the master style and you already changed the template in the style which you would like to see the change in, it will not apply

Doofus Hat placed on head...... D*MN, I got to stop using the laptop for this since my eyes are not what they used to be (13" screen compared to a 37"). I guess it DOES make a difference between a ")" and a "}" huh @Shelley & @EQnoble ? :whistle:

Another thing to check , if you are adding these changes to the master style and you already changed the template in the style which you would like to see the change in, it will not apply
I have only one style... the XenFoogle showing. I do nothing in debug so I don't even see a default style at all.

I have only one style... the XenFoogle showing. I do nothing in debug so I don't even see a default style at all.

true true...just putting it out there for anyone that ends up searching with the same problem...might help someone with a related issue...

Doofus Hat placed on head...... D*MN, I got to stop using the laptop for this since my eyes are not what they used to be (13" screen compared to a 37"). I guess it DOES make a difference between a ")" and a "}" huh @Shelley & @EQnoble ? :whistle:

Didn't bring your glasses widjadidja? :-)

Just remember css is surrounded by nipples, sadly when I first started mucking with css that is how I remembered it.

true true...just putting it out there for anyone that ends up searching with the same problem...might help someone with a related issue...

Didn't bring your glasses widjadidja? :)

Just remember css is surrounded by nipples, sadly when I first started mucking with css that is how I remembered it.

Good god I'm never going to look at css in a good light ever again. Think happy thoughts. :P

Damn I either just inspired you, or disturbed you...either way...should end up being a perky PS session.

Wait...

<shuts up>

lol

Funnily enough I find myself spending less and less time in photoshop nowadays when it comes to xenforo work so it's a welcome relief if you can believe that. :D

lol

Funnily enough I find myself spending less and less time in photoshop nowadays when it comes to xenforo work so it's a welcome relief if you can believe that. :D

I do I do ...I have been writing 3 completely separate APIs so I can integrate them (+ 1 external API ) into one massive bbcode of awesomeness. I started doing the display for it and realized I hadn't even reinstalled PS since my last C: wipeout and was REALLY looking forward to shop chopping.

I started making icons/buttons for the display of the bbcode ...and yeah...

I think Photoshop is mad at me...it is being so vindictive... like I have been cheating on the old gal or something.

If you want to laugh really hard let me know and I will send you a link so you can see my buttons which may just be the bane which ceases my PS activities.

I do I do ...I have been writing 3 completely separate APIs so I can integrate them (+ 1 external API ) into one massive bbcode of awesomeness. I started doing the display for it and realized I hadn't even reinstalled PS since my last C: wipeout and was REALLY looking forward to shop chopping.

I started making icons/buttons for the display of the bbcode ...and yeah...

I think Photoshop is mad at me...it is being so vindictive... like I have been cheating on the old gal or something.

If you want to laugh really hard let me know and I will send you a link so you can see my buttons which may just be the bane which ceases my PS activities.

Feel free to Pc you have always been welcome. :) Oh and don't even get me started on icons/buttons, I'm currently still designing icons for the editor (replacing them eventually) and it's driving me absolutely nuts. The majority of stuff designed i'm not happy with so I distract myself and venture back into xenforo. :D

Top Bottom