Lack of interest Extend Template Modification System to allow "per style" modifications

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Rob

Because not all styles and templates are created equally!

Some template edits don't work on my style so I have to manually add in new edits, which can get quite confusing.

Template edits could use inheritance, much like styles inherit from the master. If I can see that X edit isnt being applied to X theme, then I can override the template edit, much as I can override a template at the style level.

I think this would be a useful addition. @Waindigo, @Mike Creuzer? Does this make sense?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this could make sense, but the thing is that a lot of themes, by the nature of HTML for example, require massive edits. For example, for UI.X, we had to make a lot of edits to the navigation templates because the default theme does not behave in a, I guess what you could call markup object-oriented style, so we made it such and now the control UI.X users have on their navigation is pretty much endless. If this was done with a modification, I could see how this would cause more conflict.

To me, the ideal solution might be using a framework interface kit like Foundation or (even though I disagree) bootstrap. That way there is a standard markup procedure. I have my own interface kit that I wouldn't mind discussing with XenForo about.

Top Bottom