Exporting and importing a forum

PumpinIron

I have a forum that I want to export most of, but not all of.

For instance, I want to export the entire node tree, user groups, user group permissions, add-ons, and add-on settings (as well as basic XenForo settings).

I want to export basically all of it except for the users and threads.

I then want to import it to another forum I am building.

It doesn't seem there is a way to do this, so I am curious if I am missing something.

This would save me so much time if it were possible, so I'm looking for input on whether there is a way to do this.

I asked a similar question very recently. @Brogan told me that really the only way to do this is to export (and then import to the new forum) the entire forum, and once imported, then to prune what is not needed. It is not possible to do a "partial" export or import of specific nodes, etc.

I asked a similar question very recently. @Brogan told me that really the only way to do this is to export (and then import to the new forum) the entire forum, and once imported, then to prune what is not needed. It is not possible to do a "partial" export or import of specific nodes, etc.

That's ultimately what I ended up doing. I wish there was an easier way, but it looks like this will have to work until someone comes up with a better solution (i.e. add-on).

Top Bottom