Add-on Export & Import Phrases

Matthew Hawley

So lets say I have the resource manager, and I want to change the phrases to suit classifieds. Okay I changed all the phrases, and now I want to share with the XenForo community. But wait, that's a problem because you can't do that. So this is what I want.

Features
  • Export edited phrases for a certain addon
  • Import edited phrases for a certain addon and override the existing phrases.
  • List of addon's that have imported phrases
  • Ability to disable/enable imported phrases for a certain addon, so you can return to the normal phrases.
Cheers! :) Hopefully someone will take on this task!

I don't understand why this is not possible under the existing system. When someone translates my add-on, they provide an XML file with all the phrases for my add-on in their language (e.g., French or German). Can you not just provide the same language file but for the English language?

So lets say I have the resource manager, and I want to change the phrases to suit classifieds. Okay I changed all the phrases, and now I want to share with the XenForo community. But wait, that's a problem because you can't do that. So this is what I want.

Features
  • Export edited phrases for a certain addon
  • Import edited phrases for a certain addon and override the existing phrases.
  • List of addon's that have imported phrases
  • Ability to disable/enable imported phrases for a certain addon, so you can return to the normal phrases.
Cheers! :) Hopefully someone will take on this task!

You can export all the phrases for an addon. Then import and override.
I tried it and it's easy as i need to do that for the RM.
You can return to the original Phrase but I think one at a time.
List of which addons have imported not sure?

What I am also not sure about is that my edit of the RM is extensive and includes a few Phrases which are not speciific to the RM. How do I add those to the export RM xml file?
Maybe they just have to be done manually as additions.

Top Bottom