Lack of interest Export/Import Banned Emails

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

JordanH

So, once I create a new community, I normally go right ahead and ban all temporary email providers to help reduce against spam.

Some example emails:
*@dispostable.com
*@armyspy.com
*@guerrillamail.com

Etc. Banning these emails, make it so people can not use temporary email addresses to sign up to my form for a quick fix or to spam it etc. This also ensures that my mandrill account does not end up sending emails to fake addresses causing it to get a poor rating.

I'm surprised this is not already an option considering the amount of things you can already import / export on the ACP.

A good reason for allowing this to be exported and important is simply because, it makes things much easier than having to add hundreds of emails one by one.

This could also help users of XenForo, for us to share our email lists, and users can import them in a few clicks.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
A lot of the things we do have importers or exporters for have rather complicated data structures with multiple fields sometimes spanning multiple tables.

This, however, is a single table which, IIRC, only has a single field or at least a small number of fields in a single table.

So exporting and importing is as simple as exporting the table to a sql file in one DB and importing it into another.

A lot of the things we do have importers or exporters for have rather complicated data structures with multiple fields sometimes spanning multiple tables.

This, however, is a single table which, IIRC, only has a single field or at least a small number of fields in a single table.

So exporting and importing is as simple as exporting the table to a sql file in one DB and importing it into another.
Why I never even bother to even think of this is beyond me!

Top Bottom