Experienced Programmer Wanted

Robbo

I am interested in hiring someone part time to help with my XenForo products. Only experienced developers. This will be around 10 hours per week stable work. I would like to be able to stick to a rate around $20 USD an hour however your skills dictate the rate . I will be happy to hire someone much more expensive for less hours to be able to be within my budget.

Requirements
  • experienced in modern PHP and OOP
  • at least understand JavaScript
  • modern HTML and CSS
Bonuses
  • experience with laravel
  • experience with composer
  • experience with task runners like gulp or grunt
  • experience with scss
  • linux or mac developer
Do NOT apply if...
  • you work on windows (this does not include using a VM to host your linux environment)
  • you only know XenForo
  • you think XenForo code is modern PHP
  • you aren't interested in improving your skills
  • you can't do things "my way" (so if you don't play nice with leadership)

Notes to non XenForo developers
I am moving my workflow to be much like working with composer and task runners. To make working on XenForo feel more modern and far more efficient. Working with my workflow will be more like working with Laravel. We will use eloquent and other illuminate components. On the frontend we will be using scss and slim which the task runners will then move into XenForo friendly syntax. JavaScript will be done extend XenForo which extends jQuery. However a JavaScript framework or data binder may be used in future.

I wouldn't like to apply for this.
Was just wondering the amount of time it'll take to port all those modern PHP development features into your XF development Workflow.
Eloquent would be easy to port actually, it won't be any work at all, but thinking about using namespaces and using composer, how do you plan to tackle that?

Plus there is some guy in the development forum who is coding some sort of development environment for testing on XF. Maybe you'll want to check it out as well.

I already have eloquent in. I am using grunt/gulp (whichever one works best when I do it will "win") to compile in the SCSS in a custom way to work with xenforo syntax. It also will be used to compile slim templates which should be straight forward due to the way slim works.
Other things include a command line application (extends illuminate/console) to make commands for certain things and help keep you out of the admin interface.
Namespaces and composer work fine with a few little hacks when in development. For building the package I just grab the libraries and bundle them under library.

You can see progress on some things (kinda) on my github. https://github.com/robclancy

I already have eloquent in. I am using grunt/gulp (whichever one works best when I do it will "win") to compile in the SCSS in a custom way to work with xenforo syntax. It also will be used to compile slim templates which should be straight forward due to the way slim works.
Other things include a command line application (extends illuminate/console) to make commands for certain things and help keep you out of the admin interface.
Namespaces and composer work fine with a few little hacks when in development. For building the package I just grab the libraries and bundle them under library.

You can see progress on some things (kinda) on my github. https://github.com/robclancy

Wouldn't be interested at the moment, due to shortage of time and lots of existing projects.
Maybe I'll create a pull request on github after watching what you are upto.

PS: Maybe you want to check about page on your website, there is an image which isn't loading.

Top Bottom