Expensive $100 + BETA -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reedswood

Hi

I must say that I wish the devs well here on this new platform, but PLEASE don't make the same greedy messed-up mistake as vB/IB has done, as I've just seen that you're releasing your BETA release shortly, and the price is as expensive as vBulletin, and it's not even GOLD!

You must make it more affordable to the masses otherwise you too won't attract many clients! It's the price that get's considered first, then it's the product. I have every reason to believe that it will be a super platform in time, but don't go asking the earth until you really do get established!

Hi

I must say that I wish the devs well here on this new platform, but PLEASE don't make the same greedy messed-up mistake as vB/IB has done, as I've just seen that you're releasing your BETA release shortly, and the price is as expensive as vBulletin, and it's not even GOLD!

You must make it more affordable to the masses otherwise you too won't attract many clients! It's the price that get's considered first, then it's the product. I have every reason to believe that it will be a super platform in time, but don't go asking the earth until you really do get established!
How in the blazes is $100/140 for a license even CLOSE to what vb is charging at $195 (forum only). 

IT IS affordable. If you don't think $100 is reasonable, there are several free forum software packages available.  

Sorry I disagree, the product is considered first, not the price. If the product meets your requirements and you can afford it then you have it, if not you look elsewhere for a product that offers what you want for a cheaper price.

As for attracting clients again that is down to the product. There are millions of expensive products out there. I only buy good quality items and they all have a higher price attached to them. It is my choice.

Hi

Please note that for the $100 ($140 after the first 24 hours) you will get 12 months of updates and ticket support, the renewal is $40 each 12 months. And the most important thing is that the 12 months of updates and support will start from the date when XenForo 1.0 is released as a stable and supported version (GOLD), not from the date it is released as a beta version.

I think that is fair enough, don't you think that? :)

c'mon, it's not fair to compare 100/140$ per year with the costs of vB, because they are not yearly.
No, you're right...with vb, next major version, you have to PAY all over again. With xf, next major version, if you are an active license holder, you can JUST download it. No extra payment.

Guys and Gals ... K&M raised the art and science of forums to the highest level ever ...

their pricing is EXTREMELY reasonable ...

This is what I had hoped for primarily because it will encourage a higher adoption rate and a greater 3rd party eco-system.

I say bravo on an excellent pricing decision :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom