XF 1.5 Expected behavior for "None" setting on Forum Watch Notification Limit?

iaresee

I'm trying to figure this setting out -- it's not behaving the way I'd expect. I currently have it set to:

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 12.27.30 PM.webp

for a forum node.

When you try to watch this forum now, all you get is:

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 12.36.02 PM.webp

I would expect that I would not receive an email on new thread and new messages in this forum but that's not the case. I get nothing.

If I set the limit to new threads, the watch confirm dialog is different. I get:

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 12.37.19 PM.webp

This makes me think the dialog for the None setting is missing content. Is it? Should I be seeing Alert and Email selections in the watch dialog when the setting is set to None? Or does watching with the setting set to None not allow for email notifications due to the potential for high outbound email traffic?

Thanks!

Setting the value to none would essentially switch off the ability to receive notifications for new threads or messages posted in that forum. It would just list the forums in the "Watched Forums" page.

@Chris D thanks. That answers it.

"None" is a weird value for this option. None reads like there are "no limits on notifications" not "there are no notifications possible". If you named the option "Forum Watch Notification Type" than "None" would be clearer IMO.

Top Bottom