eXophase.com Forums

x3sphere

So, I've just finished converting my gaming community at http://forums.exophase.com/ to XenForo. We were running vBulletin previously. The style has been completely revamped as well.

Any feedback is appreciated. There's still a few kinks we need to work out but overall, the transition has been very smooth. Kudos to Kier and co for this excellent software :)

My only problem is that the layout is liquid, which means it spans forever for a wide monitor, such as mine is. Otherwise it's really clean, elegant and pretty. Very good job with it ;)

My only problem is that the layout is liquid, which means it spans forever for a wide monitor, such as mine is. Otherwise it's really clean, elegant and pretty. Very good job with it ;)
It also means it fits better in mobile devices.

How so? Only a style optimized for mobile devices will look better. Otherwise you will have to zoom out/in to read the text.
Fluid styles are a better choice for mobile than a fixed width style do to the lack of real estate. Yes, they're not optimized for mobile, but limiting real estate more with a fixed width is even worse.

Seeing as their is no native mobile style for XenForo, the point is moot as you have to zoom in and out anyways. At least with fluid it is slightly legible.

If I have the time, I'm going to look at doing a responsive style for XenForo, but by default XenForo built for desktops and laptops.

Fluid styles are a better choice for mobile than a fixed width style do to the lack of real estate. Yes, they're not optimized for mobile, but limiting real estate more with a fixed width is even worse.

So in order for it to look half decent in mobile it has to look only half decent on the (current) majority. All of the functionality to choose a style is built into Xenforo. How hard would it be to have this automatically set the style based on device type browsing?

So in order for it to look half decent in mobile it has to look only half decent on the (current) majority. All of the functionality to choose a style is built into Xenforo. How hard would it be to have this automatically set the style based on device type browsing?
This will go off topic, so if you want you can PM me.

So, I've just finished converting my gaming community at http://forums.exophase.com/ to XenForo. We were running vBulletin previously. The style has been completely revamped as well.

The skin is gorgeous. Congratulations. As stated by others, the signup button is the only quick indicator that the board is XF.

In terms of performance, the board snapped with each click.

Top Bottom