• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Exclude Certain "Nodes" From "Whats New"

I have a few nodes that I auto populate with RSS data. There is so much data here that I would like to make sure that when someone clicks on "Whats New?" that these nodes do not show up. Anyone want to take on a project like this?

I would be willing to pay to have this done.

If they are more then likely to include this in 1.1 I misewell just wait for that. It would be a great function to have. Letting me import my RSS data guilt free :D

until 1.1 is released, you can cheat and achieve this functionality using template conditionals.
in template thread_list_item:
find:
Code:
<li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

replace with:
Code:
<li <xen:if is="{$showForumLink} AND {$thread.node_id} == 4">style="hidden;" </xen:if>id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">
change the number in {$thread.node_id} == 4 to reflect the node id of the forum you wish to hide on whats new (and jaxals portals 'recent threads' as well).
one caveat is that pagination will not be affected, meaning that if 10 of the twenty 'whats new' threads are hidden, the page will only display 10 threads.

How would you do this for more than one node?

Code:
<li <xen:if is="{$showForumLink} AND in_array({$thread.node_id}, array('1','2','3'))">style="hidden;" </xen:if>id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">
Untested....Not sure if you can use an array statement after the AND....Can't hurt to try....lol

Code:
<li <xen:if is="{$showForumLink} AND in_array({$thread.node_id}, array('1','2','3'))">style="hidden;" </xen:if>id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">
Untested....Not sure if you can use an array statement after the AND....Can't hurt to try....lol

Sadly it didn't work, actually the initial code with one node isn't working either ... oh well, will just have to wait for 1.1. Thanks for trying Itworx :).

Sadly it didn't work, actually the initial code with one node isn't working either ... oh well, will just have to wait for 1.1. Thanks for trying Itworx :).
i havent tried the array, but the initial code does work.
the first lines of my thread_list_item:
Code:
<xen:require css="discussion_list.css" />

<xen:if is="{$thread.isDeleted}"><xen:include template="thread_list_item_deleted" /><xen:else />

<li <xen:if is="{$showForumLink} AND {$thread.node_id} == 17">style="display: none;" </xen:if>id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

Top Bottom