Ex Google Employee claims Google robbed its AdSense clients

Adam Howard

An alleged ex AdSense employee claimed Google robbed its AdSense clients and Google issued a fast denial. Now the anonymous accuser is back with more information.

Accusations yesterday by a disgruntled alleged ex AdSense employee that Google rips off its AdSense clients were met with Google's strong and swift denial. Now the anonymous individual is back to say they have proof.

In a second anonymous Pastebin missive slamming Google with serious allegations of premeditated theft and favoritism, the "AdSense Leak" individual rebuts Google's denial and addresses internet criticism about their actions and methodology.

Story continues: http://www.zdnet.com/adsense-leaker-rebuts-googles-denial-claims-to-hold-proof-7000028953/

Isn't this like 3 month old news?
| April 30, 2014 -- 23:12 GMT (16:12 PDT)

Did not notice the date....

Clearly, the news is reaching me late. Just got the email for this today ...I subscribe to ZD's Newsletter... So either they're a little slow or my email is a little late. :ROFLMAO:

Wow, had not read that before. However I really don't believe it- when someone writes something anonymously it can easily be fiction.

Biggest red flag for me is that Google's Ad Sense network probably can't survive under a policy of banning their biggest publishers. Will a one time $5000 "theft" make up for the permanent end of that business- worse- now their biggest and best producing sites are going to go straight to the competition. That would be an incredibly stupid and short-sighted policy.

I think this is a work of fiction meant to explain things we see but don't understand, like fables of our ancestors. We didn't understand thunder so we made up stories that sounded good to explain it. We've all seen Ad Sense being used on sites where we think "how have they not been banned?" and here is a good story to explain it.

But even that issue, when scrutinized, doesn't make sense. The idea that any Google employee, current or ex, can fill out a form to use Ad Sense without following any rules is ridiculous. In industry when courtesy is given to employees those employees are expected to be beyond repute. Such as when an airline gives free tickets to an employee- that employee has to meet a minimum dress code when flying that far exceeds that of the normal, paying, passengers. They have to be on their best behavior as well. They need to set examples, not make a mockery of the rules.

They did this with a lot of small time users. I know. I was one of them. I must have gone through about 5 accounts in the early years of adsense, all my sites were legit, just low traffic. Google doesn't like that. Every single one was closed within a day or two of a payout being made...there's no way in hell that it's coincidental that all the reports of account closures back then were right before payouts.

They did this with a lot of small time users. I know. I was one of them. I must have gone through about 5 accounts in the early years of adsense, all my sites were legit, just low traffic. Google doesn't like that. Every single one was closed within a day or two of a payout being made...there's no way in hell that it's coincidental that all the reports of account closures back then were right before payouts.

If your sites were that low traffic it could be years before you were eligible for a payout- is it really worth even showing ads at that point?

If you were getting any monthly payment your sites weren't really low traffic.

If your sites were that low traffic it could be years before you were eligible for a payout- is it really worth even showing ads at that point?

If you were getting any monthly payment your sites weren't really low traffic.
I was young and foolish, and my sites were pretty terrible. It was a choice between Adsense and Clickbank at the time, and clickbank was doing worse. We'd get a payout once every 4 months or so with Adsense. The first time around they closed it when the second payment was about to be sent. No warning, no notice, no explanation, just account closure.

It became obvious when it was about to happen as well. Your CTR would plummet 2 days before the end of the month, adverts would stop showing and then boom. Account closed.

That's just reminded me. This was actually VERY well known. A guy was successful in getting his Adsense account reinstated after threatening Google with legal action. He provided people with a template letter to send to them as well. There was a website set up for re-activating Google Adsense accounts.

To think that goog was interested in the $13 and $7.80 (low payouts) and closed accounts for that reason...is pretty far out.

Goog has done many things which could be construed as underhanded, but they think much bigger than this. For example, I think they were in no hurry in getting rid of scraper sites because they made a lot of money from them. That was not illegal and it's basic human nature and economics - they did get rid of them, just perhaps a little slower than they could have...

I'd have done the same thing in their shoes. They have to keep the bills paid while they improve their core businesses.

When reading this, I can only think of 1 idea concept.

IF I was to ever get the crazy idea to rob for cash... I wouldn't go after the few top dogs, rather I'd skim off a little from all the little guys; knowing fully well there is more little guys than top dogs. The reward would be greater and the little people's voices would be drawn out and if anything, the top dogs would continue to remain a symbol of hope and "proof" that "all is normal".

This story may not be entirely true, but Google has been very strict about banning AdSense accounts in the past. Nowadays Google may have softened, since they no longer have the same ad monopoly as they used to, with Facebook, Media.net and many other competitors. Competition is good.

That said, AdSense is still the best advertising solution.

Is that a valid reason to ban his account though?

AdSense is great if you're not capable of gaining access to private ad networks which pay far more, but of course if your site is crap, for lack of a better word, in terms of traffic and site quality, then AdSense is the end all.

AdSense is great if you're not capable of gaining access to private ad networks which pay far more, but of course if your site is crap, for lack of a better word, in terms of traffic and site quality, then AdSense is the end all.
Name one private ad network that pays more than AdSense? And I don't mean AdSense's page RPM (which is usually above 1 USD), but rather, its Ad Request RPM (which is AdSense's name for eCPM, and usually in line with other ad networks' CPM, and slightly higher).

And what kind of private ad networks are more restrictive in demanding quality content than AdSense?

An alleged ex AdSense employee claimed Google robbed its AdSense clients and Google issued a fast denial. Now the anonymous accuser is back with more information.

Accusations yesterday by a disgruntled alleged ex AdSense employee that Google rips off its AdSense clients were met with Google's strong and swift denial. Now the anonymous individual is back to say they have proof.

In a second anonymous Pastebin missive slamming Google with serious allegations of premeditated theft and favoritism, the "AdSense Leak" individual rebuts Google's denial and addresses internet criticism about their actions and methodology.

Story continues: http://www.zdnet.com/adsense-leaker-rebuts-googles-denial-claims-to-hold-proof-7000028953/

So which one is better at it ?

Google or Facebook ?

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-get-traffic-to-your-forum.72564/#post-753902

:cautious:

Top Bottom