Ever ban someone for being annoying?

Having said all that, it differs per community - Just saying that's how I "enforce" on xenfans.com for example.

Yes. I feel it's my duty to promote a positive atmosphere, if a particular member has a bad/negative/annoying attitude (long term) they are not welcome. Even though it's not mentioned in the forum rules.

Yes. I feel it's my duty to promote a positive atmosphere, if a particular member has a bad/negative/annoying attitude (long term) they are not welcome. Even though it's not mentioned in the forum rules.
It's basically the first thing I mention in my rules (introduction part)
http://xenfans.com/threads/xenfans-com-rules-policies.1167/
Browsing, signing up and participating is free of charge; Pending you behave, are respectful to other users, agree to our forum rules-, terms of services-, end-user license agreement-, and our privacy policy.

We're an open and friendly community, and we invite you in.

There's no freedom of speech. Users and their content are accepted or declined at our discretion and sometimes without a warning. The founder of the site has final say. A policy we've adopted to ensure we can remain an open and friendly community.

He's a moderator on a whole bunch of other sites but he's going crazy on mine: http://www.the8thlegion.com/forum/threads/final-solution.5913/
Discourage him from that site, and redirect him to a similar site - but choose the one that's "useless" to him. As in, choose a website that he's a moderator in, but is close to having his moderator powers removed. The writing's on the wall if you look clearly.

When that occurs, that chain reaction will cause his reputation on other sites to falter under his proverbial feet. By the time that he loses his moderator powers on a second site, he'll wake up.

Discourage him from that site, and redirect him to a similar site - but choose the one that's "useless" to him. As in, choose a website that he's a moderator in, but is close to having his moderator powers removed. The writing's on the wall if you look clearly.

When that occurs, that chain reaction will cause his reputation on other sites to falter under his proverbial feet. By the time that he loses his moderator powers on a second site, he'll wake up.
Thanks for the good advice but he went on vbulletin's website and complained even more about his getting demoted and said he retired from my site in disgust.

I didn't have to do anything but let him vent until he quit.

Thanks for the good advice but he went on vbulletin's website and complained even more about his getting demoted and said he retired from my site in disgust.

I didn't have to do anything but let him vent until he quit.
Don't worry about it. That actually happened to another one of vBulletin's license holder. He owned a MW3 Forum, and he demoted him, and then banned him immediately afterwards, REGARDLESS of the VIP/Donator title. vBulletin didn't do anything, at all. Just locked the thread and be done with it.

What's worse is that he quit after that posting on vBulletin.com because it would hurt his name.

Like I said before, if he makes a fool of himself on another site like you just said - his name = obscurity. Now, if the owners of the other sites owns a vBulletin license and they see that... kaboom. Flush his reputation down the toilet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What goes around, comes around.

This is why you don't try to tarnish other people's names, at all.

Top Bottom