Add-on Events for XF2

ichpen

I'm surprised this isn't first page material. Or maybe I'm posting in the wrong section again.

We (meaning just about every forum license holder :) ) need a proper fully featured events addon.

It has to offer some of the below (at least 10 at a minimum):
1. Responsive calendar view as well as agenda
2. Invite/rsvp mechanisms inc. min. and max event seats.
3. Location pinning (G Maps)
4. Event discovery (via location, what's near me etc)
5. Integration with XF 2 for event threads
6. Event gallery (perhaps integrated with xfmg)
7. Event mass mailings (wouldn't it be great to email event attendees via the board)
8. Proper event roles for event admins (event admin, event coordinator)
9. Event alerts and maintenance (event reminders, confirmations, manual event alerts etc)
10. iCal / WebDAV support (import/export calendars and events)
12. Event categories, custom fields and filters (filter by event type, location, custom field)
13. Payment options (this is not mandatory but would be great to integrate PayPal etc buttons for event organizers and ticket sales)
14. Event subscriptions - subscribe to event categories or calendars so you're notified whenever a new event is created, cancelled or modified.
15. Multi-view event calendars (or multiple calendars) - why have one calendar when you can have many

Jeremy had started something long ago which he abandoned but it was a good start and heading in the right direction.

This will be a hot seller for anyone brave enough.

Hit the Like button to move this up the priority list.

Last edited:
I've beefed up the wishlist a bit. Feel free to like the above so we get some attention. Or add your own suggestions here.

I'm surprised this isn't first page material. Or maybe I'm posting in the wrong section again.

We (meaning just about every forum license holder :) ) need a proper fully featured events addon.

It has to offer at a minimum:
1. Responsive calendar view as well as agenda
2. Invite/rsvp mechanisms inc. min. and max event seats.
3. Location pinning (G Maps)
4. Event discovery (via location, what's near me etc)
5. Integration with XF 2 for event threads
6. Event gallery (perhaps integrated with xfmg)
7. Event mass mailings (wouldn't it be great to email event attendees via the board)
8. Proper event roles for event admins (event admin, event coordinator)
9. Event alerts and maintenance (event reminders, confirmations, manual event alerts etc)
10. iCal / WebDAV support (import/export calendars and events)
12. Event categories, custom fields and filters (filter by event type, location, custom field)
13. Payment options (this is not mandatory but would be great to integrate PayPal etc buttons for event organizers and ticket sales)
14. Event subscriptions - subscribe to event categories or calendars so you're notified whenever a new event is created, cancelled or modified.
15. Multi-view event calendars (or multiple calendars) - why have one calendar when you can have many

Jeremy had started something long ago which he abandoned but it was a good start and heading in the right direction.

This will be a hot seller for anyone brave enough.

Hit the Like button to move this up the priority list.

*raises hands*
Jeremy did do a fantastic job, but shame it ended where it did. 100% from us yes. ;)

@NixFifty has a Calendar/Events add-on for XF1 I think he is porting to XF2

Good to know. I don't see it listed here under his resources nor have I heard of it before so I assume this is a private feature he will be bringing on xf 2.

Hopefully he can join the conversation here.

@NixFifty has a Calendar/Events add-on for XF1 I think he is porting to XF2
Good to know. I don't see it listed here under his resources nor have I heard of it before so I assume this is a private feature he will be bringing on xf 2.

Hopefully he can join the conversation here.
This is correct. The XF2 version is still in development, as is the XF1 version (and are currently at feature parity with each other). I believe everything in your list in the OP is either implemented or planned for the initial release so that's a good start. :D

This is correct. The XF2 version is still in development, as is the XF1 version (and are currently at feature parity with each other). I believe everything in your list in the OP is either implemented or planned for the initial release so that's a good start. :D

Bravo. Link to the XF1 version and explanation as to how I missed it? :)

Bravo. Link to the XF1 version and explanation as to how I missed it? :)
It's still in development but I expect a release in the very near future. :)

I'm mobile at the moment but I'll install it on my support site at some point so you can get an idea of what it looks like and what it can do.

It's still in development but I expect a release in the very near future. :)

I'm mobile at the moment but I'll install it on my support site at some point so you can get an idea of what it looks like and what it can do.

Cool. Sorry misread your statement earlier. Eta dare I ask? For XF2 at least.

Sorry for the bump @ichpen - Did you ever find a suitable solution? Trying to find something myself that adds a little bit more. It would be great to find something that supports integration with Facebook Events or something similar. A lot of people use Facebook and other sites for events, it would be awesome to pull that data, and keep your site visitors in one place.

Top Bottom