XF 2.1 Even as Administrator with full access I do not see Approval Queues for add-ons or forum messages

Chernabog

It just doesn't seem like something is working right - so any help someone could give would be greatly appreciated. I am set up as the administrator, my administrator has all privs both regular and moderator - however I do not see any approval queues.

If I go in and add myself as the forum super moderator (which to me would be a step below being the forum administrator) then I can see the approval queues.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way Xenforo works? It just seems odd...

Thanks for the quick response! Yea I am listed as super administrator:

Super administrator Super administrators have all administrator permissions and can manage other admins.

That is ticked under my name... I just did a untick, retick and save.... so it does say that I am super administrator. I even tried going to the default theme.. and nothing. "Moderator" is there which just points to my Nixfifty Ticket's system but nothing for approval queue unless I go back in and make myself a super moderator as well?

I am not even sure how to trouble shoot to see what might have broken to cause that...?

Administrators and moderators are separate roles.

You can be one, or the other, or both.

Make yourself a moderator if you want to access moderator functions.

In your Admin' group check your group permissions for the Approve / reject users setting, make sure it's set to "Yes".

Also, in the ACP test your own account with the Groups & Permissions => Analyze Permissions option.

Are you Super Administrator? Should be seeing this:

View attachment 209502

and you are only super administrator, not also super moderator? I remember it working like that without me having to be a super moderator as well as a super administrator.

In your Admin' group check your group permissions for the Approve / reject users setting, make sure it's set to "Yes".

Also, in the ACP test your own account with the Groups & Permissions => Analyze Permissions option.

@Kevin - I checked that too and I have all that. I also noticed that somehow I am listed under "users with set permissions" I think somewhere along the line, before I understood how permissions worked, I messed myself up. Although everyone seemed to be working fine and lately I am noticing that some things are just no longer working as expected or what I am use to.

Administrators and moderators are separate roles.

You can be one, or the other, or both.

Make yourself a moderator if you want to access moderator functions.

@Brogan so as a super administrator I should not be seeing the "approval queue" as a super moderator would?

...I don't mean to be a pain in the butt - but I appreciate all the help and insight.

I remember it working like that without me having to be a super moderator as well as a super administrator.
Was this before you installed the addon you mention, by chance? Try disabling that addon.
Nixfifty Ticket's system
But, Brogan is correct, you have to be a moderator to see the approval queue. You also have to have the specific permissions AS moderator. Found here: admin.php?moderators/super/1/edit Looks like this:

perms.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom