Estimated Sale Numbers?

Sadik B

I was reading a post by Brian Cummiskey of VBSeo here. Interestingly he talks about what kind of business XF can generate and if it would make business sense for Crawlability to consider a XF seo solution.

Anyways, so reading his post got me thinking, what do you think the first day sale estimates of XF will be. ? 2000 licenses? 3000? :)

I have to say that Vbseo are being somewhat short-sighted on this and should actually be coming out and saying "Hell yea! We're already looking at developing something for the 1,000's of potential XF customers."

They are set to lose a good number of VB customers soon anyway - it would make more sense for them to support XF, rather than find reasons not to support it as a viable alternative to a waning VB product range.

I would say 1 million licenses could be sold on the first day XenForo goes on sale. However; factor in Black Holes aka FaceBook and Myspace, and zombies [vB and IPB] feeding on dead carcasses in the driveway, and Chinese government fixing exchange rate, etc, and we get the number close to what you predicted [= 2000]. :D

Actually what Brian says makes sense to me. XF out of the box has very good seo features. A paid XFSeo soln may not be so much in demand and so vbseo would have to keep the price low. It's ultimately about the profit, so if they do not see the investment as turning out to be profitable, they have every right to take the decision they have.

Anyways, the topic was what do you think XF's first day sale no's will be? :)

I think Brian makes a good point...right now. It's obvious the numbers don't lie. If and when xenForo holds up to it's expectations and the numbers change, I'm sure he'll be singing a different tune.

looking at the XF semantic design, I would assume there is no need for such a thing as VBSEO.
Great that we do not need any third-party-guys like VBSEO. They should keep sticking to VB and their enormous customer-base.

It's an interesting post, but I hope that Brian is not one of their strategic analysts as he seems to doubt that XenForo will sell 5,000 to 10,000 licenses (by his calculus, the amount needed for it to be worthwhile for Crawlability to develop an SEO package for it).

I'd be surprised if XenForo sold less than 3,000 licenses in the first 24 hours.

Of course, this is probably what they're really worried about:
Brian Cummiskey said:
...the built in seo functions may not give us a big enough market to tap/be profitable (why use an add-on when the core is good)

A small reminder: this thread is about Xenforo sales and not about vbSeo.

I think your numbers are way too optimistic.
According to this thread http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-100usd-licenses-do-you-consider-to-buy.4248/ I assume anyhwere between 100 and 200 licenses (some will buy several licenses but not everyone will buy one).
Hmmm, just saw that thread. People who have confirmed on that thread come to about 140. But not everyone who has confirmed may buy and not everyone who will buy has voted there. It seems close to 500 on first day will be a more realistic number... don't know though, seems dicy...

Regardless of XenForo, I just wonder what is the long term future of vBSEO. Google is getting smarter; and forum engines are becoming SEO friendlier.
You kind of answered yourself there, the forum engine is vBulletin.

In my opinion, how it stands at the moment vBulletin is not SEO friendly, even version 4's friendly options are unfriendly.

So at the moment at least, I don't think vbseo has to worry too much about it's future.

Top Bottom