Essentials

mg33dev

Hi guys,

I'd just like to know your own preference what are your essential XenForo addons?

We're just in the middle of migrating from VBull to Xenforo...so we would love yo hear about everyday, useful and essential addons for Xenforo please.

Many thanks

Jon

Thanks Brogan, we're just in the middle of updating our site and planning migration from VBull so do not have a license yet, thats why I've posted in pre-sales. We are trying to plan ahead, especially when it comes to our budget. This is not a spam post.

Define "essential". All boards are different and all of them require different stuff. If there are particular things you need, just look in the RM if you can find that addon. If not, well, just look what the most popular resources are in the RM. It also depends on if you can spend money or not.

Anyway, as a start, free resources sorted by ratings for XF2:

https://xenforo.com/community/resou...ype=free&order=rating_weighted&direction=desc

Define "essential". All boards are different and all of them require different stuff. If there are particular things you need, just look in the RM if you can find that addon. If not, well, just look what the most popular resources are in the RM. It also depends on if you can spend money or not.

Anyway, as a start, free resources sorted by ratings for XF2:

https://xenforo.com/community/resou...ype=free&order=rating_weighted&direction=desc

Pretty much the same thing I said. (y)

I guess I'll just use the "popular" section, nothing much to go on from these replies.
I think what people are trying to tell you is until we know what your CURRENT setup is (with vBulletin) it's rather hard to answer.
What is essential on my board may be fluff on another site. You have to know the needs of the site before you can even begin commenting on "essentials".

For me it's Luke's Post Ratings and Bob's Showcase. For someone else they may need neither. I doubt you will get direct input in the pre-sales area of "this replaces that" but more in the line of "yes, there is an add-on to replace that available". That reduces the support for unlicensed users that is given in the pre-sales area where they are wanting guidance to add-ons and once they get it find it on the side.

Top Bottom