XF 1.4 Errors using Amazon SES for sending Mail (SMTP)

Robust

Problems using amazon SES.

So I created SMTP creds on Amazon SES. Which redirects me to: https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/home?#s=SESHome

There I created something, got the username and pass. After that I setup the domain in SES, set up DKIM and enabled it, domain is verified.

So the user's policy on AWS is the default but I added a star notation (*) to give it all SES permissions:

Code:
{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Statement": [
        {
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Action": "ses:*",
            "Resource": "*"
        }
    ]
}

So the initial issue I had was:
Email to webmaster@robust.cat failed: Message rejected: Email address is not verified.

That's when I changed Action to ses:*. After that it didn't give that error for the email address webmaster@robust.cat. Emails are being sent by gamingforums.net, so the domain robust.cat isn't recognised or known by SES at all.

wkI97yQj2_IL9tZcgv8cCxB7-HQGcRB2bwqHKlJfpg8

As you can see, all SES permissions are allowed (I threw in a CloudFront just to check). This is on stimulate policies.

So I'm using the info, and I no longer get the cannot verify email error for my email, I don't get any error at all but the email doesn't send (I don't get the email).

For some other members (their email worked with Mandrill previously) they get logged in Server Errors with the email validate thing:
Code:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to someuser@att.net failed: Message rejected: Email address is not verified. - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 11:20 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(324): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(250, 600)
#1 /library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(215): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->data('Subject: Hostag...')
#2 /library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(79): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999990463257)
#6 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#7 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#8 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "https://www.gamingforums.net/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/threads/hostage-situation.3396/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "*"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

What am I doing wrong?

1. Robust Fixed it, it was bounce email. Apparently it doesn't like Gmail to bounce?

2. Robust Added email as verified email address, if anyone has the same problem again, check your bounce settings. Amazon SNS is probably going to be cheaper for bounced emails.
added your profile messages here so it easier for people to know the solution

Top Bottom