• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 Errors and problems with trying to upgrade

jadmperry

Well-known member
#1
Thanks for the help from @Chris D for helping me troubleshoot my earlier attempts to upgrade from 1.5x to 2.0 beta. In the end, a test site was able to get partially through the installation process, but, it wouldn't get all the way to completion. Chris D was able to help me get my site back up to its original state.
The diagnosis was along the lines of there was something with the server that was keeping the upgrade script from working to completion.


I ended up calling my host and they confirmed that during the upgrade process, there were memory/resource usage that exceeded my plan. So, I upgraded the plan and tried again, knowing that my plan now has rolling backups included. Well, I totally hosed something up, and get this error:


Code:
An exception occurred: [TypeError] Argument 2 passed to XF\Template\Templater::setUserBanners() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/[redacted]/public_html/src/XF/App.php on line 1414 in src/XF/Template/Templater.php on line 362

XF\Template\Templater->setUserBanners() in src/XF/App.php at line 1414
XF\App->setupTemplaterObject() in src/XF/App.php at line 1054
XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2605
XF\App->templater() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 328
XF\Pub\App->preRender() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 280
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 44
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1844
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13
Unworried, because of the rolling backup, I called tech support, they were generally unhelpful, and said, just click here and there and it will revert everything to how it was a few hours ago. Said it would be probably an hour or so. So, I did. And, and hour and a half later, call back because the progress bar said it was about a tenth done. New rep says, "Oh, that's unfortunate, the rollback can be granular, you should have just done the specific folders. "So, this might take days," I ask. "Yeah." "Nothing I can do to stop the upgrade and start over with correct files?" I ask, suspecting the answer. "No, sorry. You just have to wait for cpanel to do its thing."
As of today, still throwing that error, but the rollback to the backup from about 10 pm EST on Friday is done.
I am wondering if I am missing something obvious. At least I do have confidence that the daily backups are in existence. Hopefully, I have not completely hosed things up.
 

jadmperry

Well-known member
#2
Well, here is a bit of an update.

In the interim, I figured out that there were a bunch of files missing in /src/vendor. (I was able to get that info via file health check.) So, I re-uploaded the folders where files were missing and the site to work and then tried to upgrade, which worked). But, it still gave errors.

Right now, my main forum is at pebforum.com/site
Currently, that throws up this error:
"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Chris D was awesome in my earlier queries and set up pebforum.com/site2.

Right now, that site seems to be working somewhat, but without rendering or delivering any type of actual imaging or formatting. See attached.
Previously, it was showing like the default install. Same is true for the main path and for admin.php. Now, it all looks like the attached file, just a white page with links presented in a hierarchy that would make sense if it were shown with some type of formatting, etc.

One of the previous problems identified in my discussions with the host when I was locked out, was the .htaccess file. I had to delete the present file and then rename the .htaccess.txt file to let me even login. There might be, based on my conversations with the host tech support with index.php.

Of course, the ultimate goal is to get /site to work correctly. If it is easier, I am not opposed to getting /site2 to work and then deleting the files/folders in /site and renaming /site2 to /site and thereby moving the working to site to the non-working site. Unless there is some reason to not do this.

Thanks, one and all, for any help. I am grateful for the help and am open to any suggestions
 

Attachments