XF 2.1 ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: convertMarkdownToBbCode

optrex

I'm getting heaps of these and by the looks of things it's whenever someone posts. Just upgraded to 2.1 3 from 2.1.0

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: convertMarkdownToBbCode src/XF/BbCode/ProcessorAction/Markdown.php:558

For some reason the option which was added between 2.1.0 and 2.1.3 hasn't been added. This suggests you've not run the upgrade routine after uploading the files (if you upgraded manually) or it was somehow missed or it only happened for the brief period while upgrading and will have stopped by now.

If it hasn't stopped, you will need to make sure there are no pending upgrades. If there are no pending upgrades you will need to rebuild master data by going to the install system.

I upgraded manually using file uploads via FTP it completed but said 300 or so files were missing. If I rebuild master data does it delete anything?

If it said 300 or so files are missing then that is certainly the likely cause. Did you attempt to address that at the time? If not, then you need to address that first. You can verify if files are still missing using Tools > File health check.

If files are missing you will likely need to re-upload the files before doing anything else.

Yes I did clear the missing files issue. I'll try the master data thing, just doing a backup now. Does master data reset clear setting or remove anything or just act like an upgrade again without doing anything to my data?

If it had the potential to cause data loss, it wouldn't be likely I'd recommend it as a matter of course without warning of that ;)

You're absolutely correct, it just re-applies the master data that happens every upgrade and doesn't affect any of your forum data.

Top Bottom