XF 2.1 Undefined index: convertMarkdownToBbCode

Is anyone else getting the error on the screenshot below when trying to post a new thread/reply in Xenforo 2.1.1?

It's a Vanilla installation with 1 add-on installed (Amazon S3 add-on).

Note: I am unable to replicate the error in a test thread here at the official Xenforo forum as well as at a Xenforo demo site.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Error.webp
    Error.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Is 'File Health Check' supposed to look like this? (Considering that we upgraded from 2.1 to 2.1.1 today)

Attachments

• FileHealthCheck.webp
    FileHealthCheck.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 12
  • UpgradeCheck.webp
    UpgradeCheck.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 10
  • FileHealthCheck2.webp
    FileHealthCheck2.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 10
It would seem that the installation didn't complete correctly. More specifically, it looks like the files were not fully uploaded.

You need to re-download the XF 2.1.1 files, re-upload them to your server and then verify that by re-running the file health check, it passes successfully.

Once you have done that, go to the install URL, log in and click "Rebuild master data". This will re-import any master data, including missing options which is causing the error in your OP.

The file health check was fine after we re-installed 2.2.1.

Unfortunately the error in my first post persists when trying to post a simple word ('test') in existing topics that we were able to post in before the 2.2.1 update.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 2
You're absolutely right, Chris - problem solved.

In hindsight, I should have double-checked whether my colleague had followed the instructions in both steps after he reinstalled 2.2.1.

Thanks again for your help and have a good weekend.

Top Bottom