XF 1.4 Error with sending/receiving emails

Vet

Is this error a result of misconfiguration or do I need to contact my host about php?

Server Error Log

Error Info
Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Email to [redacted] failed: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: [redacted], Today at 12:53 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 /forum/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 /forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(1145): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
#3 /forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(1050): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_sendEmail(Array, Array, Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
#4 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend()
#5 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(68) "http://www.[website].com/forum/admin.php?users/email-send"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["users/email-send"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(9) {
["criteria"] => string(68) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"]}"
["total"] => string(1) "2"
["from_name"] => string(11) “[Sender]"
["from_email"] => string(32) “"
["email_title"] => string(4) “test"
["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
["email_body"] => string(5) “test"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}

This generally indicates a mailing issue on the server. Your host may be able to identify a reason (such as in the mail logs or determining that PHP mail isn't configured correctly). Alternatively -- though I would only do this if your host can't sort the problem -- you can change XenForo to use an SMTP server to send mail.

Reactions: Vet
This generally indicates a mailing issue on the server. Your host may be able to identify a reason (such as in the mail logs or determining that PHP mail isn't configured correctly). Alternatively -- though I would only do this if your host can't sort the problem -- you can change XenForo to use an SMTP server to send mail.

Thanks for the translation and suggestion Mike!

Initially, it appeared to be an issue with PHP version. Switched from 5.6 to 5.4, since 5.4 contains the required Zend Optimizer necessary for XF to send mail. (continued to receive error)

They updated send mail path to: sendmail_path=/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i (continued to receive error)

Finally identified a syntax error in php.ini file. File was renamed to oldphp.ini and new php.ini auto-generated resolving error.

Cheers!

Top Bottom