XF 1.3 Error when upgrading to xenForo 1.3.5

M@rc

I think I jumped from version 1.3.1 to 1.3.5 and now I'm getting an error when I open the upgrade screen :

Code:
Server Error

No such file or directory

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 691
XenForo_Application->loadDb()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 928
XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 959
XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1487
XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Session.php at line 236
XenForo_Session->__construct() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 46
XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/install/index.php at line 18

PHP was recently upgraded to v5.4.28 and when I try to load a page of the forum, it says "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Page source says :
Code:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- No such file or directory -->

I tried re-uploading the files and disabling add-ons via config file but I get the same error. What should I do?

This is a PHP configuration issue, at least if you didn't touch MySQL. See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...on-not-working-2002-no-such-file-or-directory

You likely want to make sure the socket location is setup correctly. (Important to note that XenForo uses the MySQLi extension, which likely has different php.ini config names than the deprecated MySQL extension mentioned in the above link.) If you can't do that, changing library/config.php to use 127.0.0.1 may workaround it.

Top Bottom