Error "Table marked as crashed and should be repaired"

jgas

Hi guys,
since a switched host, I started to have all these weird errors where, more or less every day, a table "is marked as crashed and should be repaired".
Last time it happened, I fixed it repairing the table + rebuilding apache, but it didn't last long...

I think that the server configuration is not ok, and I really don't know what to do to fix permanently the problem.

This is the last error, started yesterday evening.
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table './musicadi_xenforo/xf_search_index' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 110
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->_pushToIndex() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 82
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 44
XenForo_Search_Indexer->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php at line 61
XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->_insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 688
XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_insertOrUpdateSearchIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 667
XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_indexForSearch() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 523
XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 504
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XfRu/MergeDoubleUserPost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 49
XfRu_MergeDoubleUserPost_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/musicadi/public_html/index.php at line 13

I hope you can really help me out with that!
Thanks

First thing either you or your host needs to do is look in the MySQL logs to see if there is something happening that is causing the table to crash.

I had issues a few years back on a dedicated server while running phpBB3 and had tables constantly crashing. It was a dying HDD that was causing the issues, so I moved hosting provider.

Top Bottom