• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Error setting up test environment

bambua

Well-known member
#1
I've been trying to set up my existing live site on a test site, I got the databases moved fine and the config files updates, as soon as I try to access the front or admin portion of the site this is the error I get:

Code:
An exception occurred: unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 710 of 8896 bytes in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php on line 117

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
unserialize() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 117
XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 134
XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 125
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/index.php at line 13
Any ideas?
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#2
I can only guess that the data in the data registry table didn't dump correctly. Try going to <url>/install/ and rebuilding the master data.
 

bambua

Well-known member
#3
I can only guess that the data in the data registry table didn't dump correctly. Try going to <url>/install/ and rebuilding the master data.
Did that and I'm getting this:
Code:
Server Error

unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 710 of 8896 bytes

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
unserialize() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 42
XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 592
XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
call_user_func_array() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 774
XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 804
XenForo_Application::get() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Model/User.php at line 666
XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Visitor.php at line 373
XenForo_Visitor::setup() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 47
XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/install/index.php at line 17
I'm going to try dumping the database again.
 

bambua

Well-known member
#4
I can only guess that the data in the data registry table didn't dump correctly. Try going to <url>/install/ and rebuilding the master data.
Found the answer for this:
Code:
ERROR 1153 (08S01) at line 22447: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'
Seems my backup wasn't taking anything bigger than that value and also not throwing any errors. When I manually dumped the file and tried to put it back in I got that error. And line 22447 happened to be right in the middle of xf_data_registry. To fix it I had to add:

Code:
--max_allowed_packet=100M
To the import command that I used. I'll also have to modify that in my backup as well.

So my final command was like this:

Code:
mysql -u ***** -p --max_allowed_packet=100M ss_test_xf < ss_backup.sql
Where ***** is the mysql username and ss_test_xf is the database name.

Just wanted to post the solution in case someone else runs into it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mike