1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error setting up test environment

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by bambua, Oct 5, 2011.

1. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I've been trying to set up my existing live site on a test site, I got the databases moved fine and the config files updates, as soon as I try to access the front or admin portion of the site this is the error I get:

An exception occurred: unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 710 of 8896 bytes in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php on line 117
    unserialize() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 117
    XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 134
    XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 125
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/index.php at line 13
    Any ideas?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can only guess that the data in the data registry table didn't dump correctly. Try going to <url>/install/ and rebuilding the master data.
  3. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Did that and I'm getting this:
    Server Error
    unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 710 of 8896 bytes
    unserialize() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 42
    XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 592
    call_user_func_array() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 774
    XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Application.php at line 804
    XenForo_Application::get() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Model/User.php at line 666
    XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Visitor.php at line 373
    XenForo_Visitor::setup() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 47
    XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
    XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ss/public_html/test/community/install/index.php at line 17
    I'm going to try dumping the database again.
  4. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Found the answer for this:
    ERROR 1153 (08S01) at line 22447: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'
    Seems my backup wasn't taking anything bigger than that value and also not throwing any errors. When I manually dumped the file and tried to put it back in I got that error. And line 22447 happened to be right in the middle of xf_data_registry. To fix it I had to add:

To the import command that I used. I'll also have to modify that in my backup as well.

So my final command was like this:

mysql -u ***** -p --max_allowed_packet=100M ss_test_xf < ss_backup.sql
    Where ***** is the mysql username and ss_test_xf is the database name.

Just wanted to post the solution in case someone else runs into it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mike
    Mike and Dodgeboard like this.
  5. ragtek

ragtek Guest