Error reporting

shorepower

I have tried to find a function that reports errors in Xenforo in a structured way. In some other forum software there is a function were information like server configuration, error messages etc are automatically collected , in a format that are easy to submit.

This saves me as an administrator time collecting the information, ensures that that essential information is supplied in an error report (and thereby speeding up resolution) and it also gives the supplier (Xenforo) reduced administration requesting additional information in email or forum conversations.

If it does exists, I apologizes for putting this into the suggestion forum and would appreciate information on where I can find the function.

Last edited:
ACP > tools > logs > server error logs :)

Yes, from that you can copy / paste error messages if a server log entry is created, which is not the case for all errors. It does not contain any information on the environment your server is running, version of Xenforo, add ons, check of file health etc

Are you talking about some sort of default form for submitting error reports here on this forum or something else?

Are you talking about some sort of default form for submitting error reports here on this forum or something else?

Yes and a "collecting" system in Xenforo. An "error reporting" function that collects the information listed above. For me as an administrator I know that the right information have been supplied, for the support team is reduces the amount of work asking for basic information.

In my experience, those types of forms are rarely filled out correctly so it doesn't do much to reduce the back and forth.
Perhaps something of that nature may be introduced in the future but there are no immediate plans to do so.

Top Bottom