XF 1.5 ERROR PAGE_CONTAINER - Line 9: Invalid condition expression

Adam Bloch

Hi all

I have hit a little problem while upgrading to 1.5.3

ERROR
PAGE_CONTAINER - Line 9: Invalid condition expression

Is there anyway to get to this template to fix the problem?

Many thanks

Adam

It could be from a modification you have made, or from an add-on.

Revert the template if you have manually edited it.
If that doesn't fix it, look through the list of template modifications for any which apply to that template and disable them.

Add this to the library/config.php file:
Code:
$config['checkVersion'] = false;

That will allow you to access the ACP.

Remove it once you've resolved the issue so you can run the upgrade.

Hi thanks that got me into the admin panel and I have tried to remove the line and other line around it but I get the same error.. Do I need to look at the other templates/styles (yes I know don't touch the default but it seems to have been altered)

Many thanks

Adam

I would look at all styles. It could actually be template modification related, so it'd be worth checking template modifications for the PAGE_CONTAINER template. (There should be protections for this issue in most cases, though it appears there may be at least one situation where it has changed.)

I get the same error message when I try and save changes to the templates... The forum seems to working ok and I was going to try and update the template to see if that would help as I don't seen to able to sort out the PAGE_CONTAINER...

Any thoughts? I haven't ben able to revert the default templates either....

Have you looked at Admin CP > Appearance > Template Modifications?

In that list do you see any modifications running on the PAGE_CONTAINER template? If you disable them, does the error go away?

I get the same error when I try to dissable them.... the ticks do go away but the greying out and the line through the text dissapears. So i'm guessing that they aren't really dissabled.

I even get the same problem if I try to delete the modification from the red cross at the end of each line... PAGE_CONTAINER - Line 9: Invalid condition expression

Last edited:
here are the two version I have have in the templates I have only copied the first 15 or 16 lines of each

version1
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html><xen:set var="$isResponsive" value="{xen:if '@enableResponsive AND !{$noResponsive}', 1, 0}" />
<html id="XenForo" lang="{$visitorLanguage.language_code}" dir="{$visitorLanguage.text_direction}" class="Public NoJs {xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, 'LoggedIn', 'LoggedOut'} {xen:if {$sidebar}, 'Sidebar', 'NoSidebar'} {xen:if $hasAutoDeferred, RunDeferred} {xen:if $isResponsive, Responsive, NoResponsive}" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
<head>
<xen:hook name="page_container_head">
   <meta charset="utf-8" />
   <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge,chrome=1" />
   <xen:if is="{$isResponsive}">
     <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
   </xen:if>
   <xen:if is="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}">
     <base href="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}" />
     <script><xen:comment>/* Chrome bug and for Google cache */</xen:comment>
       var _b = document.getElementsByTagName('base')[0], _bH = "{xen:jsescape $requestPaths.fullBasePath}";
       if (_b && _b.href != _bH) _b.href = _bH;
     </script>
version 2
Code:
<xen:set var="$uix_adStyler_enabled"><xen:if is="@uix_adStylerOn && ( {$uix_canUseStylerPanel} || {$uix_canUseStylerPresets} || {$uix_canUseStylerSwatches} )">1<xen:else />0</xen:if></xen:set>

<!DOCTYPE html><xen:set var="$isResponsive" value="{xen:if '@enableResponsive AND !{$noResponsive}', 1, 0}" />
<html id="XenForo" lang="{$visitorLanguage.language_code}" dir="{$visitorLanguage.text_direction}" class="Public NoJs {xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, 'LoggedIn', 'LoggedOut'} {xen:if {$sidebar}, 'Sidebar', 'NoSidebar'} {xen:if $hasAutoDeferred, RunDeferred} {xen:if $isResponsive, Responsive, NoResponsive}{xen:if {xen:property uix_navigationFixed}, ' hasHeaderFixed'}<xen:if is="@uix_navStyle==1"> hasNavAtTop</xen:if>{xen:if '!@uix_removeTabLinks', ' hasTabLinks', ' not_hasTabLinks'}{xen:if '@uix_beta', ' uix_betaMode'}{xen:if '{$canSearch}', ' hasSearch', ' not_hasSearch'}<xen:if is="@uix_navStyle == 2"> activeSmallLogo</xen:if> navStyle_@uix_navStyle pageStyle_@uix_pageStyle hasFlexbox" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
<head>

<xen:hook name="page_container_head">
   <meta charset="utf-8" />
   <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge,chrome=1" />
   <xen:if is="{$isResponsive}">
     <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
   <xen:if is="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}">
     <base href="{$requestPaths.fullBasePath}" />
     <script><xen:comment>/* Chrome bug and for Google cache */</xen:comment>

is there anything that looks like it might be a problem?

Last edited:
Top Bottom