XF 1.4 Error on uploading attachments

DaveM

I have a photography forum and my members are getting this error when uploading photos as attachments. My attachment settings are as follows.

Maximum Attachment File Size (KB) 1024
Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions 1920 x 1200
Default Image Processor ImageMagick PECL Extension

upload_2014-9-26_11-7-34.webp

It would seem if they go back and resize the image it will work. However this is an issue as we are loosing a few uploads as members. It seems they do not want to be worried about having to do this each time they want to upload a photo to the forum.

Is there no way to have the file resized to fit the forum configuration. The problem is with a photography forum these photo tend to mostly be high resolution photos. So you also cannot really go to large due to the amount of imaged that will be uploaded and then using up all your resources.

Is there no way to have the file resized to fit the forum configuration. The problem is with a photography web forum these photo tend to mostly be high resolution photos. So you also cannot really go to large due to the amount of imaged that will be uploaded and then using up all your resources.
It will be resized, but your PHP settings need to be set to allow it to be uploaded and processed.

There is a little know setting that is needed to be put into the config.php file which will correct the problem you are experiencing.

$config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 30000000;

This link explain what this setting does. Notice how I increased this value in order to keep up with the ever increasing images sizes taken with modern cameras.

https://xenforo.com/help/config-php-options/

Top Bottom