1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Error on uploading attachments

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DaveM, Sep 26, 2014.

1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I have a photography forum and my members are getting this error when uploading photos as attachments. My attachment settings are as follows.

Maximum Attachment File Size (KB) 1024
    Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions 1920 x 1200
    Default Image Processor ImageMagick PECL Extension

It would seem if they go back and resize the image it will work. However this is an issue as we are loosing a few uploads as members. It seems they do not want to be worried about having to do this each time they want to upload a photo to the forum.
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

How large (and the megapixels) is the original image they are trying to upload?
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You may need to increase some of the server limits, specifically php_value upload_max_filesize and php_value post_max_size.
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Is there no way to have the file resized to fit the forum configuration. The problem is with a photography forum these photo tend to mostly be high resolution photos. So you also cannot really go to large due to the amount of imaged that will be uploaded and then using up all your resources.
  6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

It will be resized, but your PHP settings need to be set to allow it to be uploaded and processed.
  7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

8. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Ok thanks then let me look at that and see what can be done.
  9. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

10. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

11. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

There is a little know setting that is needed to be put into the config.php file which will correct the problem you are experiencing.

$config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 30000000;

This link explain what this setting does. Notice how I increased this value in order to keep up with the ever increasing images sizes taken with modern cameras.

12. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Thanks Andy I think we have it sorted out for now (y)