1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error on install

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by mizter1nho, Jul 13, 2011.

1. mizter1nho

mizter1nho Well-Known Member

I have this error on install:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in */library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in */library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in */library/XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 187
    4. XenForo_Install_Model_Install->insertDefaultData() in */library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 197
    5. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in */library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in */library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in */install/index.php at line 17

Requirements Met

Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.

mysql version: 5.1.56
  2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Restart MySQL, it's a known issue with some MySQL servers.
  3. mizter1nho

Restarted, not helped.
  4. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm not sure what else I can suggest. We can't offer support for your MySQL server here, but whenever I've encountered the 'prepared statement needs to be re-prepared' error in the past, a restart of the mysqld process has resolved the problem.
    Michael Dance likes this.
  5. Michael Dance

Michael Dance Active Member

Do you have a VPS, Dedicated or are you using a reseller?

just so we know what perms you have on that server.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I did some searching and found some information.

It is suggested that you try to increase the value of table_definition_cache in your MySQL configuration:

It is also suggested that you try upgrading the client library in PHP:

mono likes this.
  7. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Member

I'm not exactly sure what to do about this to fix it. I'm on a VPS currently and cannot restart the MySQL server.
  8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

My post above has some possible fixes. A VPS server should come with root access which would allow you to restart the server.

This is a server problem. If you aren't adept with configuring your server then you should ask your host or server person to look into this error.
  9. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Did you end up finding a fix ?
  10. mizter1nho

no, hoster didn't update mysql :(
    in 1.1 Beta 3 same error
  11. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, I was curious because I have been getting the same error.
  12. mizter1nho

For Kier & Mike:
    Why vBulletin good working and xenforo bad working?
  13. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

We approach database access completely differently -- using prepared statements for one. This seems like it might be MySQL or PHP-MySQL integration specific. We can only recommend trying different versions of MySQL and/or PHP.
    Talaysen likes this.
  14. Micheal

Micheal Well-Known Member

i got onto my host and they found this

and so far its all working.
  15. TheXboxCloud

TheXboxCloud Active Member

I got this error when upgrading CTA Featured Threads to the latest version. I'm now on Xenforo 1.5.6

Brogan pointed me to this thread. I just found out the bug was not caused by the add-on though.

Apparently the bug was caused by a MySQL error.

Is it safe to continue without any steps if the error isn't continuous or hasn't appeared more than that one time?

In other words, do I need to take any steps to do anything if the error was only a one-time error.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As I explained on the support site, it is neither an add-on nor XF bug, it is related to MySQL, PHP or a combination of the two, as has been explained in this thread by two of the XF developers.
  17. TheXboxCloud

I edited my post after seeing your reply.

Do you believe it's not necessary to take action since the server error only happened once and didn't re-appear?
  18. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If whatever process was running completed successfully (after being resubmitted) and it doesn't happen again, then it can likely be ignored.

If it happens again with any regularity then you may need to look at carrying out some of the steps listed in this thread.
  19. TheXboxCloud

Thank you. I was hoping you'd say that.

I appreciate you clearing that up. Just a bit of confusion is all that was. I didn't think it was the add-on either but glad you sorted that out.