XF 1.1 Error message in javascript console...

JacquiiDesigns

I receive the following error message when trying to delete threads on forum display:

The following error occurred

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

di-5M3Q.png

Anyone know what causes such an issue? How can I fix it please?

Thanks ;)

J.

Hmmm - I see a few a few javascript errors - it has to do with the Waindigo Conversation on Moderator Actions add-on as reported here.

Code:
[9/11/2012 2:49:37 AM] JavaScript - http://jpicforum.info/forums/news-announcements.6/
console.error
PHP <br />
<b>Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM, expecting ')' in <b>/home/********/public_html/library/Waindigo/ConvOnModAct/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Thread.php</b> on line <b>24</b><br />

Upgrading php seems to fix the issue. But should this be necessary? I'm on a managed VPS running PHP version 5.2.16 - which apparently is a lot outdated.?! How would you recommend I proceed? Updating php?

Thanks Jake!

Well holy s**t! I just see XF recommends PHP: 5.2.4+ o.O
I ran the requirements script before installing and was given the go-ahead. How weird - so I suppose upgrading php will be recommended...

ARG duh. I've been at it a bit too long - I'm feeling a bit delirious...
I did try disabling the add-on and poof! ==> Error gone.
I'm referencing post #31 and #32 here -- where Mutt says

I just updated. we'll see if that helps

PHP Version 5.3.14
mysql 5.5.25
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

updating php fixed it. thank you.

I just assume since he went from version 5.2 to 5.3 and it fixed the issue - that perhaps I should upgrade as well. I only ask because this functionality of sending PMs on moderated action is something I've championed for a while and want on my board.

Top Bottom